Defensive Carry banner

241 - 253 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,889 Posts
Apple 5. It keeps track of things I need to keep track of. It has been a big boost to my exercise and weight loss endeavors.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Since my post on this thread 9 months ago (#190) I have still been wearing my solar atomic G Shocks most of the time. I did pick up a Tudor Grantour in February, but then sold it a short time ago.

I also picked up a G Shock Solar Atomic Mudman from Japan. I've been wearing that a lot lately.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I can appreciate fine watches but personally care very little for them myself. Just do not need anymore interests or things to buy. I am also very hard on them with work, doing things at the rentals, etc. For me, I wear the ugliest watch in the world, a lower end G-Shock. I think they all look like crap but i can't argue with the durability. Everything else I break.

·
Super Moderator
50,575 Posts
My son bought me an Apple Watch, and I am greatly surprised at how much I like it.

·
Super Moderator
18,324 Posts
Boring to most folks these days, but I think it's neato. A mid-1950s Lemania. Not dress, not sport, just a "town watch" for general purpose wear from back when a quality wrist watch didn't have to make some sort of statement on one's wrist. Lemania was once big as a European brand of high grade watch though not a big presence in the U.S. market. Their movement designs were even bigger and their movements were esteemed for design excellence, innovation, and sturdiness. Lemania movement designs still occupy the cases of some current brands of watch for instance the Omega Speedmaster of Apollo 11 fame was powered by a movement that was designed and built by Lemania and Speedmasters are still so equipped.

Taken while sitting in the local hospital's lab this morning awaiting a blood test for an upcoming visit to the cardiologist in July. About the only town use I have for such a vintage watch these days.
IMG_7088.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
I recently bought a Casio Waveceptor. I like having accurate time regardless of whether or not I need accuracy to within a few milliseconds.

Reactions: M1911A1

·
Registered
920 Posts
I recently bought a Casio Waveceptor. I like having accurate time regardless of whether or not I need accuracy to within a few milliseconds.

I'm wearing one of those, right now. I've had it for years.
Sometimes, it has problems hooking up to WWV from way out on this little island. But once-a-week is accurate enough for this retired person.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I looking really hard at one of these Russian-made Radio-room watches. The reviews are pretty good but I havent talked myself into it yet....

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I have several nice watches, but every morning I always put on my basic Casio watch, right after putting on my CCW weapon of the day!

241 - 253 of 253 Posts