Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are at an intersection late at night in a seedy part of town, out of no where two guys stand infront of your car, and two more, one on each side of your car screaming at you to get the f*** outta your car?

You see the guy on the passenger side of the car reach for a gun and you fear he will shoot, but theres a twist, the two guys standing infront of your car are two huge guys, so ramming them would do heavy damage to your car! You only have a second to respond since this is all happening in real time and not planned out ahead of time, write down your first initial respone you think you would do?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
First response, flatten the 2 guys in front. Second thoughts, maybe back up, but there's probably a guy there, too and I can't see where I'm going and don't want to hit any truly innocent people, so I guess I'm back to running over the guys in front.

I mostly carry IWB and am a big guy (read:not in as good a shape as I should be), so the gun is difficult to draw in the car.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
gas pedal down, head down.

·
Registered
236 Posts
First of all I drive a Ford 350 Dully Diesel Pick up.
So if your treating me and standing in front of my truck...., your a dumb A$$ and it's worth the damage to the truck if there's any at all. And while I'm cleaning up the neighborhood I would be drawing my weapon just in case anyone had the chance to jump in the back.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
If there is nobody behind me - reverse and floor it, back a goodly distance away, turn around and haul butt.

If there is someone behind me, the guys in front get hit.

Matt

·
Registered
242 Posts
I drive over the guys in front.

Backing up at high speed can be tricky. I tried to back up at high speed one time and ended up tearing up someones lawn - didn't mean to. :redface:

Luke

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
To heck with vehicular damage - this is gas pedal time whatever the vehicle. Even with gun out and available this is time to create distance!

Doubt my truck would suffer too much but the gorillas would be going to hospital.

·
Super Moderator
25,602 Posts
RAMMING SPEED!!!!

If I'm alive I can get the car fixed.

As soon as I was away I'd be dialing 911 on my cell. Even quicked if I had OnStar!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Well, you guys are certainly in a bloodthirsty mood this morning :image035:

My initial reaction to this scenario is to wonder why they are so angry. Have they led a rough life? Has the MAN kept them down and deprived them of all the benefits of society that I've been priviliged with? Could just a little bit of understanding and compassion help them to see that a life of crime is taking them down a dark street to nowhere?

THEN it's pancake time...:stups:

·
Super Moderator
24,648 Posts
Team American said:
Well, you guy are certainly in a bloodthirsty mood this morning :image035:

My initial reaction to this scenario is to wonder why they are so angry. Have they led a rough life? Has the MAN kept them down and deprived them of all the benefits of society that I've been priviliged with? Could just a little bit of understanding and compassion help them to see that a life of crime is taking them down a dark street to nowhere?

THEN it's pancake time...:stups:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Team America - Did you have a bad night?

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well, they're standing in front of my car. Likely only 2-3 feet from my bumper. Even if I drive a Vette, I couldn't get more than a couple of miles an hour in 2 feet. They're not hurting the car. Damage is likely to be from them punching or kicking at the car as I bump them out of the way. They'd likely jump on for the ride, but I'm not stopping. Maybe slow to 25 around a corner and let them gently fall to the ground.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Rock and Glock said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Team America - Did you have a bad night?

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Over two and a half tons of vehicle with 300 ft lbs of torque and 280 hp vs two guys dumb enough to stand in front of it. Mash the horn and mash the gas, at the same time. They can move or be mashed, but they aren't stopping me.

Call 911 once clear and have the police meet me somewhere so I can make a statement and get a report. Hopefully the meat to the front didn't get clear and they need some medical attention. Then the police can roll them up on each other and bust them all.

As for vehicle damage, that is why I have insurance. It would be a lot less than smacking a deer on the highway at 55mph.

-Scott-

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'd shoot 'em or run 'em down. I would not sit there scratching my hatrack. I drive a 350hp Ford turbodiesel and carry a Ruger .357.

They'd better move real fast and keep on movin'.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Peddle to metal
Brakes, Reverse
Peddle to metal
Brakes, Drive
Peddle to metal
etc etc etc:banana:
maybe throw in a some donuts
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Really punch it and get the hell outta there

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahahaha, i would probably do the same, but be mad about my damage later since i have a little car, most of guys seem like you drive a beefy truck, very nice!

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Can't afford to drive my truck(1ton dually) @9 miles per gallon, so I drive a Delta 88, Truck is for camping mainly

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
IMO most of you have the right idea as it was expressed by Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch.

The Clint Smith School of Car-Jacking is simple. Add Power!!

Even if you are driving a GEO Metro, if you floor it the BG's will wind up behind you. I could care less about the damage, this becomes not a question of am I going to damage my car, but am I going to live long enough to wish I had damaged my car.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
yup...gas pedal down, with two dead big guys. next cell phone to 911 to tell what happened. drive to safe area and meet police there.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts