Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently go over scenarios in my head about what to do if a situation occurs.

If you, your wife, and toddler daughter were out and a group of guys surrounded you in a not so public area. They tell you that they are going to satisfy themselves with your wife and daughter and if I sit back and don't try and be a hero we can all walk away alive.

What would you do?? I know what I would do (draw and hope they back off if not you know how it would end for them) BUT how would the law interpret it? Our lives were not in danger (we wouldn't know that for a fact) so says the BGs.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
In PA I'd be set. I fear seriously bodily harm/death of me or my loved ones, I have no means of escape. I'd draw on them.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Yah, I believe that rape consitutes reasonable assumption of potentially lethal assault. Draw (1st - which includes a loudly stated warning) and then shoot if they continue to engage.

·
Registered
38,211 Posts
Florida allows deadly force in the case of a "forcible felony(including rape)," which I'm sure would fit this case. That includes in defense of others.

I would draw (use of deadly force by law), warn, and shoot at the first sign of an attack. There's NO doubt I'd protect my family--at all costs, physically or legally.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Rape is considered as serious physical and mental harm by me, and I am sure by my wife and daughters. It would also be considered serious mental harm to me if I sat by and did not do everything in my power to prevent it. That being said, they get a strong warning, that if not heeded, will end in stronger measures being taken to prevent such serious harm from occurring.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
In Utah, deadly force is legal against a forcible felony, including rape.
They get shot. I'm not letting that happen to ANYONE, let alone my family.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Draw and give warning. If they proceed it's time to start shooting. No way I am going to sit back and let anything happen to my family.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Verbal threat against family. Im not to concerned with the legality of shooting them all. Still Florida you're covered pretty much totally.
Im not too up on the draw and warn at that kind of situation, its already gone from potentially dangerous to lethal threat level in my mind.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
please delete

·
Registered
328 Posts
Immediately shoot the leader of the group,followed by the second in command and so forth until it gets down to one on one. Then shoot him.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Immediately shoot the leader of the group,followed by the second in command and so forth until it gets down to one on one. Then shoot him.
:rofl: I love it! :lmao:

·
Registered
41 Posts
In this case, my response is I don't care what the law says. I defend my family. If I have my gun I'm drawing and will shoot if the situation escalates. If I don't have my gun I'm drawing my knife; if I'm caught with my pants down so to speak, then we get to have a good old fashion brawl and no one goes home happy. If someone gets the chance to beat or rape my wife/ kids and I'm around then then I'm dead.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the one with the mouth goes down first...after that my first improper comment would probably be "if that does not satisfy the rest of you i will continue until it does"..."now please step away while we wait for the police to arrive"...

if there is one thing i will not tolerate it is a threat to my family and i will dispatch it without second thought or concern for my legal future...

·
Registered
27 Posts
In MN rape itself is not legal grounds for deadly force, I clearly remember that from my class, however you say a toddler is involved which makes this cut and dry as far as I'm concerned, rape on a toddler could very well be fatal from hemorrhaging not to mention the life long mental damage.

This is my take on the legal aspect of it here.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I would point to the 'mouth' of the group and inform him that the 'fun run' is now over. I/we, may lose the battle but "YOU" (the mouth) are the first person whose lights I'm putting out...any more words by anyone and I begin shooting. My reaction when I truly fear for my life will be quick and violent...no time to play games...life is for real.
In the first place, getting me surrounded will be close to impossible without a warning already given about staying back. Once that warning goes unanswered...I will have already begun to fear for my life...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm too old for this 'who is tougher crap'...threaten me and I will respond within my legal rights.:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
General Provisions of the Act
A person may use deadly force with no duty to retreat if (PA 309):
1. They are not engaged in a crime
2. They are in a place they have a legal right to be
3. They honestly and reasonably believe deadly force is necessary
4. The deadly force is used to prevent imminent death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault of the person or another

In Michigan if they are posing the question to me they are getting lead^^^^^^

Above is the law

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Slavery has so frightful an aspect to men accustomed to freedom, that it must steal in upon them by degrees and must disguise itself in a thousand shapes in order to be received."
David Hume,1742

·
Registered
30 Posts
attack the leader first then take his boys apart one by one. and if they came out on top i wouldn't care because i would be dead. because i wouldnt just sit down and let it happen i promise atleast my wife and daughter would escape

1 - 20 of 76 Posts