Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
With out my gun? Same thing he did. The guys didn't want my money. More importantly, based on the reactions of the clerks, I would bet anything this bank gets robbed all the time. Knowing that, I would be stupid to do any business at this bank.

·
Premium Member
9,531 Posts
With my gun? Probably same thing he did. Two perps. About 10 people in the bank. I've not read of bank robbers often killing everyone in the bank after they get to loot. Usually it's get in/get out. If they started shooting then I would as well to defend my life, but I'm not going to start shooting with that many people around. So I'd play the odds that these guys are "rational" bank robbers with an objective.

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Same thing that guy did. One, I am not going to take a supreme risk to defend the bank's money. I don't care if the loss is insured or not, which it undoubtedly is, as it has zero value to me. Two, the accomplice has the drop on the guy and more than likely attempting to engage would only cause you to lose.

One thing I will say is that the bank needs better cameras, those suck. The light from the doorway was washing everything out.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I wouldn't care about the bank's money, nor about how few people are there. Not one of them will help me with the law suit or my medical bills. They can carry just like I can, so why are they not, hmm? They ought to know if they are worth defending or not, correct? If they have decided that they are not, who am I to oppose that judgment of their worth?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Same thing that he did, in that situation. They had two guys, with one controlling the room (up until the point he turned his attention to the front teller's spot). Taking down two armed folks at opposite sides of the room with a half-dozen folks around doesn't seem good odds to me.

Had I seen them coming and been able to do something at the point of entry, that might be something different. Though, the likelihood of noticing that soon is low. There's a reason for insurance at such places, to cover the "teller take," the stuff in the drawers. Nothing insures against being capped.

That said, had they begun to herd folks into the back, that would be a whole different ball game. No way am I being led to slaughter in a back room. Not in this lifetime. But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
9,531 Posts
Same thing that he did, in that situation. They had two guys, with one controlling the room (up until the point he turned his attention to the front teller's spot. Taking down two armed folks at opposite sides of the room with a half-dozen folks around doesn't seem good odds to me.

Had I seen them coming and been able to do something at the point of entry, that might be something different. Though, the likelihood of noticing that soon is low. There's a reason for insurance at such places, to cover the "teller take," the stuff in the drawers. Nothing insures against being capped.

That said, had they begun to herd folks into the back, that would be a whole different ball game. No way am I being led to slaughter in a back room. Not in this lifetime. But that's just me
Yeah, I've thought of that. It's a game changer. I've read too many articles about people being herded in the back room and being killed, and two few of people being herded in the back and then being left alone.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I either would have pulled out my two Desert Eagles, dropped to the ground as I begin shooting with pinpoint accuracy at their center mass....or I would have curled up into the fetal position and cried....

Seriously, would have done exactly as he did - smart to not turn around and look at them - they could have interpreted that as trying to get a description.

·
Registered
46,054 Posts
Bank is insured, much better than I am. Nuff said.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
It looked to me like the robbers wanted the money and to get out so I think I would have done exactly as this guy did. The main reason why anybody carries is to protect yourself and loved ones. If they start shooting then it is a new ball game. They were wearing masks therefore identification is really difficult so they probably are not going to mind leaving witnesses.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I'd of done exactly what he did. I'm not a super hero and the money is insured .

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I don't know, but I would probably be changing my pants when I got home.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I watched the video twice, just to see if there was an opening. There was no way to take a clear shot. I would have done the same thing, but would not have been turned around...

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Nuttin' honey.

If I'd have been the teller, I'd have waited til they were in the double door, bullet proof glass entryway, and locked them in, and called 911.

But, they probably didn't have that option.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree with what everyone else here has already said, and will add a question:

How do you think this kind of robbery would play out if one of the patrons were OC'ing? I hear all the time that robbers won't try to rob a place that has OCer's inside, and that may be true for robbers that take the time to carefully case the joint before launching the robbery.

However, many robberies go down just like this one - BGs simply rush in to an establishment while drawing their weapons. I can imagine several scenarios playing out from there.

Reactions: Snub44
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.