Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading another thread and Gideon (kudos to you for asking the question) made mention of the tuckable holster and the loop or in some cases the clip which secures the holster...

The question is: what would you say if someone asks you what that clip/loop is on your belt?

I do keep my shirt bloused as he states, I have been wearing my shirt this way long before I carried because I can't stand a shirt being tight or needind to reach for something and pulling out one side... so it covers the clip mostly, I also slide my cell phone near it which bunches the shirt a little and cause it to hang over the clip...

So what would you say?

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
It's nothing really. That's what I'd say if I was in a good mood. Nobody has ever asked me. If I was in an off mood or feeling smart, I'd probably tell them none of their business.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
If I was in an NPE, I wouldn't be carrying in that manner.

If I was anywhere that allowed carry, I don't know what I'd say. Maybe I'd say it was none of their ... business, maybe I'd explain clearly.

At one point I considered buying one of those clips that also allowed keys to be clipped to it. Great cover IMO. I even thought about glueing a phone holder to the clip, but I never went that far.

Hypothetical question for me now since I have no reason or desire to carry with a holster clip showing.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
"Those clips hold a medical device designed to ensure proper hemmorhage of vital organs."

That usually shuts them up.

Biker

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
It's a carry package for a lead catapulting devices that dispenses an extremely effective medicine to aid against the evils of society.:image035:

Actually, NO ONE is going to notices it.:scruntiny:

·
Registered
136 Posts
"Why thank you, I think you have nice *****, too. That is what you were looking at, right?"

But then, I often let my smart side do the talking, and I'm charming! :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Practice your best blank-faced smile in the mirror for a few days.

You're going for harmless, but vaguely unsettling...

Then say, "I'm into an alternative lifestyle."

Important: Keep a straight face, no matter what!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
What loop?:blink: There's a loop on my belt? :blink: Carry on..... and go about my business. :yup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've never been asked. But, I my answer will be "It's something I carry for health reasons", Yea, My health!

MN

·
Registered
862 Posts
say it's a beeper clip that's turned to the inside....no one carries beepers anymore so they'll think your ultra important :)

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
"It is my adrenalin pump! I have a bad ticker." :blink:

·
Registered
203 Posts
If they know what it is, then why won't need to ask. If they don't know, they'll probably believe whatever you tell them.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
"Shhh, you'll blow my cover!"

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I feel no compulsion to explain it to anyone. The one time it has happened to me, I simply gave the person a blank stare and walked away. It's really no one's business but mine.

Asking is rude and deserves to be treated in kind, at worst, and ignored, at best.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I feel no compulsion to explain it to anyone. The one time it has happened to me, I simply gave the person a blank stare and walked away. It's really no one's business but mine.

Asking is rude and deserves to be treated in kind, at worst, and ignored, at best.
Good response. Same applies to pocket carry. When I wear jeans, it's pretty obvious that I have something in my left pocket. I've also wondered what I'd say if someone had the gall to ask me "what in the world do you have in your pocket?"

·
Registered
564 Posts
They - "What are those clips?"
Me - "Oh those? Those are belt clips."
They - "But what are they for?"
Me - "To clip on your belt."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts