1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Intriguing...... Not sure if I would like a big square bag on my belt but I think it would have some good applications nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I like the concept. Not sure about the big square thing mentioned ^^^^^^

·
Registered
67 Posts
I understand the idea and have seen a couple different versions including the sneaky pete (leather) and PdaHolster (nylon). I think that something that is nylon is slightly less noticeable if you are doing some activity like running, at that point it could be a med pack or whatever. Some of the issues that I have seen are design vs. being able to draw and the addition of a buckle to keep them closed. Any buckle will inhibit draw in my opinion, a strong magnet or snap (as the one you show has) is a better idea, or maybe velcro. The other consideration that this type of holster needs, for people running/biking is a spot to put a CC permit or key. PdaHolsters says they add a spot for a pen holder because that makes people think it's functional vs just being a holster. I guess that's a start. The ones you linked I believe are rough drafts? It looks like the fit and finish could be worked on a little. Anyway thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice concept but how would you be able to achieve a decent grip on the gun while drawing from it?
I had a similar concern at first so I appreciate you bringing this up. The holster mouth isn't stretched tightly across the pistol so it is very easy to get your middle and ring fingers into the pouch after you lift the flap with your off hand. I kept my trigger finger outside the pouch running parallel with the slide as I do when drawing from any holster. As soon as the forward edge of the magazine base plate clears the solid portion on the front of the holster, the side of the holster flexes. This lets the pistol rock forward into the web of your thumb.

I found the draw to be faster than pocket carry, but slower than IWB appendix carry in an open top holster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts