Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
I usually just lurk in the guns section but figured this was a better place to ask. I'm finally breaking down and buying a gun belt, all of mine are poorly suited for the task and are getting pretty worn where my holster sits. I am currently losing a fair amount of weight and I'm trying to budget as I'm currently at a crossroads for how much booklarnin' I really want to pay for so I'm not looking for anything horribly expensive, but I do want something decent I can wear with jeans and a polo shirt that's not going to stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... I guess that settled that nice and quick, after nearly a full page of recommendations in that thread, I decided to go with bigfoot. I had never even heard of them and was thinking about trying a crossbreed belt. good to see there are other options, I am not a fan of the holster I bought from them.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Big foot are good to go ..A bit thick and tricky with some holsters due to the steel .. But very studry

Reactions: rickcharles606

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I really like the Big Foot. Lucked in on them when they had a $10 off sale. Made me even happier.
Really need to get another in black.

·
Registered
273 Posts
in the past I used leather belts which was quite annoying especially if you are going to loose or gain weight,. for the past five years or so I am using only nylon belts which are much more adjustable than anything else.
I had sone from 5.11 and Oakley,.. but the best belt I have used until now is the "S.O.E. Rigid Cobra Duty Belt" I have two in different colors,. they cost about 65$
what I like about then is that they are sturdy so that you just don't feel the weight of the gun and anything else you put on you.
cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
hello all,
I usually just lurk in the guns section but figured this was a better place to ask. I'm finally breaking down and buying a gun belt, all of mine are poorly suited for the task and are getting pretty worn where my holster sits. I am currently losing a fair amount of weight and I'm trying to budget as I'm currently at a crossroads for how much booklarnin' I really want to pay for so I'm not looking for anything horribly expensive, but I do want something decent I can wear with jeans and a polo shirt that's not going to stick out like a sore thumb.
If you are still losing weight, you may want to consider a nylon belt such as the Wilderness line. These are very sturdy and offer a large adjustment range. Once your weight stabilizes then you could add a quality leather belt. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Big foot are good to go ..A bit thick and tricky with some holsters due to the steel .. But very studry
I hadn't thought of them being tricky. I haven't ordered mine yet but was thinking of. What type of holsters did you find them tricky with?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
My two favorites are a Bigfoot 14oz steel core for leather, and a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch Instructors belt for nylon. Both support full size metal framed pistols with no issues.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I like using the Wilderness 5 stitch frequent flyer belt. I like the micro adjust-ability i get with it.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If you are still losing weight, you may want to consider a nylon belt such as the Wilderness line. These are very sturdy and offer a large adjustment range. Once your weight stabilizes then you could add a quality leather belt. Just my 2 cents.
Wilderness makes their belts with an "EZ-fit" option. The "fuzzy part" of the hook and loop ("Velcro(R)") securing the end is longer, allowing on to use the belt with a wider limit on waist size.

I have their "Frequent Flyer" belt in an EZ-fit. It work well and looks decent. If I had to do it over again, I might just go with their regular belt. (I no longer have to go through the metal detector I once had to on occasion.)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Jim Nelson has done well by me.
Holsters and belts are very sturdy to this point.
Maybe not the most well known, but I like them.
Tom TKH

·
Registered
642 Posts
i found a belt that's made in Israel, they advertise it like this: GUN BELT HOLSTER WORLDS BEST! 100% BUFFALO LEATHER ONE LAYER! MILITARY OFFICIAL! Its the belt they're IDF uses. I'll try to let you know what its like when it gets here, from Israel he said between Mar. 2 and Mar 22. I've seen it retail for $80.00 this one is $19.99

Remember to get a larger size when ordering a gun belt or it won't fit when you put a holster on it, i found out the hard way.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'll be the odd man out here. My favorite gun belt is the "Super Bio Belt" sold by Daltech Force. It is not so thick as belts like the Bigfoot, but it is every bit as stiff and strong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have not tried many belt makers because the 1st one I tried, from The BELTMAN, did the job properly for me. . I'm using it today for my Walther PPS 9mm and a spare mag. This belt is now 10 years old and still gets the job done quite well. I have another from BELTMAN that's ~ 2 years old . I only use it for 'sprucing up' because it still looks brand new.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
My Beltman belts are the most comfortable belts I've owned. However after multiple abdominal surgeries I found I couldn't carry either IWB or OWB. I simply needed to tighten the belt too tight and it was very uncomfortable over the 12 inch scar. IWB is gone forever for me but I now have two ways to carry OWB. Either with a Better Belt and suspenders (suggested by someone in here and it works) or

tada, Bigfoot belt. I can wear it normally as it is so stiff I don't need any other support. With the BigFoot I can OWB again with comfort.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow, bigfoot's already here. it's a lot bulkier than I was expecting, glad I went for the 14oz instead of the 18oz. otherwise it meets all my expectations. it is pretty tight fit to get my holsters clipped on, but they don't budge a milimeter once they're there, much better than the very soft belt I had been wearing before. thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i found a belt that's made in Israel, they advertise it like this: GUN BELT HOLSTER WORLDS BEST! 100% BUFFALO LEATHER ONE LAYER! MILITARY OFFICIAL! Its the belt they're IDF uses. I'll try to let you know what its like when it gets here, from Israel he said between Mar. 2 and Mar 22. I've seen it retail for $80.00 this one is $19.99

Remember to get a larger size when ordering a gun belt or it won't fit when you put a holster on it, i found out the hard way.
My new belt came today from Jerusalem in a small cardboard box in perfect condition, no fancy packaging, they spent the money on the belt. Its everything they said it was, a thick leather belt that their IDF uses, and you can't beat the price for material such as this. imo

1 - 20 of 39 Posts