Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently searching for a front pants pocket holster for a SP101 with a 2.5" barrel (it will also hold my Taurus 85 ultra-lite).
One of the holsters I am considering is a Safariland 25.
Anyone testify to its qualiy, holdup, and concealability ?
Can anyone recommend anything else ?
Thank you.......Arthur :wave:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
IIRC that's 2 1/4" - but being pedantic aside! - indeed Kevin or any of the other guys should be able to help on that.

I haven't got the page link handy but go look at http://www.kdholsters.com/ and look at pocket stuff - there is also a page giving a list of what is available and I think the SP could well be there.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
duh....I meant 2 and 1/4 " barrel. :embarassed:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bud White said:
Try Kdholsters.com
I do like his stuff....Thats what I will probably get. I don't see anything for the SP101, just a small frame Taurus. I was hoping for a two-fer...
That was the reason on bringing up the Safariland. The drawback is it'll probably print, being so cheap in cost .... :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bud White said:
he does list the sp101 on his sight
Where ? I did just email him, but no seeum for the lil' ruger.... :frown:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have a nemesis. good holster, conceals gun very well. only problem i have is getting the #*^% holster out of my pocket. that thing really sticks.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
craig45 said:
i have a nemesis. good holster, conceals gun very well. only problem i have is getting the #*^% holster out of my pocket. that thing really sticks.
ok Craig....so what I hear from you is that the holster sticks well in the pocket, Which is a good thing. How does the gun sit in the holster in your pocket ?
and .... what do you conceal in it ? :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
artz said:
Where ? I did just email him, but no seeum for the lil' ruger.... :frown:

Hum maybe he don't make a pocket carry one for the sp seems awful heavy to carry to give him a day or 2 to email ya back

·
Registered
997 Posts
I can highly recommend Andrews Custom Leather at www.andrewsleather.com. I orered a pocket holster for my Kimber Ultra Carry II from him at a Jax gun show and am eagerly awaiting delivery. I was VERY favorably impressed with the man, his products and his prices.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Art:

I did get your email this morning. Here's the link to the various guns (over 120) that I currently have available to make holsters for: http://www.kdholsters.com/available.shtml .

I mold the holsters to the specific gun. While the Ruger SP101 and the Taurus 85 are very close in size, the SP101 is slightly larger. So if I made a holster for the SP101, the Taurus is going to be a tad loose in the same holster.

---------------------

I can concur with Tegemu about Andrews Custom Leather. Sam is a great person and truly makes a great holster. A person would not be disappointed by choosing his holsters.

·
Registered
473 Posts
artz.. i usually carry a s&w 649 in it. the 649 has xs big dot sight and laser grips and the gun fits fine. stays in the holster until removed. it does help if you have deep pockets though. i usually use it with my work pants because the pockets on those are almost straight down. you can slide your hand down off your belt/waist and into the pocket without bending your wrist.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
craig45 said:
I have a Nemesis for my Kel Tec P3AT as well....mine does the complete opposite....it doesn't stick at all. When I draw my gun, it comes up with it. I'm careful about not pressing my trigger finger on the holster which is a common cause for a pocket holster to come out of the pocket with the gun.

I replaced the holster with a Grandfather Oak Pocket Companion kydex pocket holster seen here with a Pocket Companion XL kydex holster for my PM9:

The "flanges" or hooks get caught in the pants pocket material and causes the holster to stay put.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use it occasionally (when my normal IWB mode can't be used) with my xd40sc.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The Nemesis works well for me. Also, I like the way my S & W Model 642 Airweight works with Uncle Mike's Sidekick pocket holster. I'd recommend either holster.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I just bought a Taurus 85 Ultralite and I plan on ordering a holster from Kevin at K&D. But, for now, I bought a Uncle Mikes size 1 belt clip IWB, took the clip off, had the better half sew some rough side velcro on the outside and it works pretty good. My Taurus, SP-101 or my Walther P22 all work good in it and the velcro helps it stay in my pocket when I draw. Just a temp measure, though, but a thought.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts