Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Sorry Scotty. Went through it with my Blue Tick a few weeks ago.

So I’m a bunch o fun. Second cortisone shot to the spine this past Wednesday and I’m already hurting.....so no smoker today. No grill. BUT I shot 6 squirrels off the bird feeders out at my wife’s barn today so I feel better. And I carved some chicken off the chicken carcass and made a hell of a lunch burrito with a Wicked Weed Session IPA for lunch (my new and preferred weekend lunch beer). That’s all I got brother. And a new P227, mfg date 2014, that I GOTTA shoot this weekend. Unfired in 6 years.

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I'm sorry for your dog's illness. I do hope he/she get's better. Not cooking till tomorrow. Pork ribs. Spent a good part of today out at my club's (M/C) property, have a meeting, and then doing maintenance on the riding mower, and water well. Carry: same old same old/usual 4.

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Just got done placing flags on graves at the private cemeteries in the area.
Got 125 done today, no rain.
Will go back out Sunday and do it again. Hopefully no rain again.
Lots of driving but worth it.
Monday going to Mother in law and just keeping it simple, burgers, hot dogs tater salad beans and some watermelon
Think I will take out my dad’s old Colt 1911 from the safe

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Scotty whoa!!!!! Is that a new addition? I put a neighbor of mine on to that exact model and I sure wish I jumped on it instead. That’s a Model 14 w the pork chop barrel. You’re gonna love that gun. If you’ve shown it off before, I’m sorry that I missed it.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomorrow I'm shooting my first IDPA match since February. CCP division with a P365.
Bought a whole tenderloin to chop up into some big steaks Monday. Likely some mashed potatoes, baked beans, and beer. Lots of beer.
Wahts a good Space Coast beer these days?

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Sorry about your dog..

This Memorial Day is going to start at the cemetery very early in the morning, then back to my house for hotdogs, hamburgers on the grill, cold beer, and a round of shooting with the girls.

Maybe some flag football and badminton in the evening.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry about your buddy.

I don’t know. My wires working in the Er today tomorrow and Monday. I’ll grill something. Maybe a tomahawk. And I’ll carry my Dan Wesson CCO cause it’s pretty and I carried a 1911 when I served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Just got done placing flags on graves at the private cemeteries in the area.
Got 125 done today, no rain.
Will go back out Sunday and do it again. Hopefully no rain again.
Lots of driving but worth it.
Monday going to Mother in law and just keeping it simple, burgers, hot dogs tater salad beans and some watermelon
Think I will take out my dad’s old Colt 1911 from the safe

Memorial Day AND Veterans Day we Honor the Tradition of my Lady`s Father. He was a Jewish waist gunner on the Bombers going over Germany for all 25 sorties and did surrive but somewhat damaged. His Big thing was that Every Veteran should have a Flag planted over his Grave!. The fact that he was Jewish mattered not to him as he was offered Christion dog tags and refused as he believed in his Faith. Planting as many Flags as we can do for the Vets is what we will continue to do in his memory,May God Rest his Soul. Amen.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
This will be another low profile Memorial Day for us like many of our past ones as I pull out my note book and read the names of the friends and pardners I have lost over the years and send a prayer to the families and a prayer for my wife as she deals with what has become part of her life. I am not sure what I will fix for our dinner but as night falls on Sunday night I will raise my glass of Buffalo Trace to toast those brave and caring brothers and sisters that have gone before me as I have outlived so many. As it stands right now there is one left that I know of and he has promised to raise a glass for me because the original 8 have made it home before me. To all those out there I am saying a prayer for you as well because all of you have been kind enough to allow me a small place of refuge and I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I am aware that my road is getting shorter every day so please remember this, Tomorrow is never given yet tomorrow can be a treasure because it is one day closer to not dying young. Everyone has struggled with the mountains that you have had to conquer and raging whirl pools you must pull yourself from which in its own way has strength your metal so you may prepare for the next battle. My wife of 26yrs has hepled bring me peace and shelter and she still agrees that when I take my shirt off I look like a big city street map with all the scars and I tell her it was just that I traveled the broken so I could find her. God Bless and be safe.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
@scottync @svgheartland;

So sorry Scotty your dog is ill, and Svg I’m sorry about the loss of your hound. Every fur baby is precious.

This weekend I plan on sleeping a bunch and staying well. We may go shooting but I’d rather wait till a week day when it’s not so busy. CWO gets the grill going several times a week and we cook at home anyway ~ with the lock down that has gone on it seems like one day is just like another.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Sorry Scotty. Went through it with my Blue Tick a few weeks ago.

So I’m a bunch o fun. Second cortisone shot to the spine this past Wednesday and I’m already hurting.....so no smoker today. No grill. BUT I shot 6 squirrels off the bird feeders out at my wife’s barn today so I feel better. And I carved some chicken off the chicken carcass and made a hell of a lunch burrito with a Wicked Weed Session IPA for lunch (my new and preferred weekend lunch beer). That’s all I got brother. And a new P227, mfg date 2014, that I GOTTA shoot this weekend. Unfired in 6 years.
How does the Session compare to the Wicked Weed Pernicious IPA?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Scotty, I’m sorry your dog isn’t doing well and hope he pulls through. Our dogs are family, as I’m sure yours are.

I’m planning on smoking a Boston butt Sunday night; my son and I are going to the range Monday, then Monday night we’ll have BBQ sandwiches. At some point during the day, we’ll take some time to honor those who gave their all. My dad and all my uncles were veterans, all but two WWII vets. They all came home, unlike so many others.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts