Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
A toast to Major Richard C. Brimms Air Force Cross recipient who I had the honor to serve and fly with until his final mission May 21, 1986! Truly an American hero, patriot, and one of the best pilots I ever flew with! RIP! A quiet weekend with the wife spent smoking some cajun spiced chicken breasts on the egg, the only BBQ gun needed by the pool is a super soaker!:biggrin2:

*I was unable to attach the link but there is great video about our Pave Low Helicopter units (youtube Pave Movie 3) which is very appropriate this holiday! Mods feel free to attach if able!

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
Open carry is seldom seen around here.

That said, I was out at the cemeteries doing the family Memorial Day flower run, and saw a guy with a couple women doing flower planting on a family plot. He was OC'ing what I took to be a 605 Taurus in something nylon on his belt.

Marion County, Ohio's version of a BBQ gun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This Memorial Day, actually the whole weekend, my thoughts are on those that made the ultimate sacrifice, especially in battle, and those that died from injuries sustained while serving in a war zone. I'm including the folks who were exposed to Agent Orange and suffered for years along with their family members. I admit to having some darker thoughts about those politicians and profiteers that allow greed to overcome goodness.

That said, a Tri-tip roast is being grilled to medium-rare; then, thinly sliced for a Peruvian dish - Lomo Saltado. Guacamole with chips on the side. A square of Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate to finish. This is our traditional Memorial Day dinner that started when we lived in Costa Rica and was celebrated at the Inka Grill in Escazu, Costa Rica with other ex-pat friends.

The chef, me, will be carrying a Smith & Wesson Model 5906 in a Yaqui slide holster.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We and 2 other couples getting together and doing take out from a greek restaurant.No body wanted to be the cooking host.
No masks when eating or DRINKING but have them on other times and 6 ft. apart.
Strange to not have ceremonies at South Florida National Cemetary which we always go to.
Thanks to all Vets who gave the ultimate sacrifice...(a LOT more than us staying indoors for 6 weeks).

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
@scottync @svgheartland;

So sorry Scotty your dog is ill, and Svg I’m sorry about the loss of your hound. Every fur baby is precious.

This weekend I plan on sleeping a bunch and staying well. We may go shooting but I’d rather wait till a week day when it’s not so busy. CWO gets the grill going several times a week and we cook at home anyway ~ with the lock down that has gone on it seems like one day is just like another.
Thank you Sister. She broke my heart. Her registered name was Ruby Red Slippers (Ruby). She was a beautiful girl and sweet as she could be. A princess of a hound dog.

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
How does the Session compare to the Wicked Weed Pernicious IPA?
It's been a month or two since I had any Pernicious in the house and I remember liking it, better than a few others from Wicked Weed (though I haven't disliked ANY of their IPA's). The Session is lighter than the others, a crisper taste, sort of in it's own class. Makes a good lunch time beer because it provides a nice, full flavor without making you feel like you're heading for the couch right after lunch is done.

·
Registered
508 Posts
This Memorial Day will be quieter than normal. I feel for both of you, Scotty and Svg. I just had the vet put to sleep my little buddy, the day before yesterday. 16 years old, and cancer caught up with him to the point he was collapsing in pain.

This afternoon, the plans are for a pork loin, pork tenderloin, a bottom roast, and a few ribs to make it onto the smoker. We shall see how well they do.

·
Registered
Various
15,546 Posts
Placed flags and flowers on graves. It is just me and my wife. She is frying some chicken breasts for tonight. Tomorrow, I am grilling some burgers.

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
Memorial Day AND Veterans Day we Honor the Tradition of my Lady`s Father. He was a Jewish waist gunner on the Bombers going over Germany for all 25 sorties and did surrive but somewhat damaged. His Big thing was that Every Veteran should have a Flag planted over his Grave!. The fact that he was Jewish mattered not to him as he was offered Christion dog tags and refused as he believed in his Faith. Planting as many Flags as we can do for the Vets is what we will continue to do in his memory,May God Rest his Soul. Amen.
I was out to the Jewish section of our cemetery yesterday to make sure each headstone had a stone on it. The many veterans there all had flags and flag holders.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Sorry about your dog. :worried:

If I went to a cookout (avoiding social events implied) I'd carry concealed, Glock 23 minimum.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts