Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm at the folks for the Labor Day Weekend. I just did a mental inventory of the ammunition and firearms in my vehicle.

100 .40 S&W cartridges (loose, in cardboard box)
200 9x19 cartidges (loose, in bug out bag)
52 more 9x19 cartridges (3 magazines @ 17 rounds each, 1 more in the chamber)
100 .44 Magnum cartridges (in boxes)
30 more .44 Magnum cartridges (10 in magazine, 20 in cartridge belt)
I estimate 100 7.62x39 cartridges, 50 in stripper clips.

There's more... I'm being conservative

All to be launched from a P89, an SKS, and an 1894.

It's probably actually more than that, and that's not counting what is on my person at the moment. I have in my immediate access three handguns and two long guns with over 600 rounds ready to launch...

Have I been subconsciously responding to the recent concerns in the news... I didn't deliberately do this. At the very least I should get an ammo can or something. I don't know what I was really hoping to accomplish with this setup. It's mostly FMJ ammo too. Honestly I think I'm insane... this setup makes no tactical sense at all.

What's in your car?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well, discounting the guns I'm not sure if they're in the trunk or not:

FAL with extra bandolier of 8 20 round mags, loaded (180 total)
20 loaded FAL mags or thereabouts in the range box
A couple .22LR semi-autos
2.5-3k rounds of .308
2k of 223
5k+ of 9mm
1k of .45 ACP.
250+ of 44 mag and special
Enough Sig 226 magazines to fill a small gym bag (about 50 now at last count).
Box of miscellaneous other magazines.
12 loaded AK 30s.
1 loaded Beta C mag, AR-15.
20 loaded 30 round AR-15 mags.
At least 2k rounds of 22 LR.

The spare tire, hyraulic jack, and a bunch of targets, hearing protection, and a case of clay pidgeons, along with some tools.

When I go out of town, I bring with a couple other guns as well, but my trunk doubles as ammo storage more than anything else.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Other than the usual trunk items like spare, jack etc. I have a 25' set of 00 gauge jumper cables, some targets, Mossberg 12 ga w/50 rounds mixed buckshot and slugs, my minimal BOB consisting of first aid kit, poncho liner, duct tape, 50' para cord, 3 pair of gloves, compass, binoculars, 2 knives, 1 multi-tool, jacket, watch cap, sunblock, fire starter and tinder, 2 MRE's, 100 rounds of 45acp Hydra-shoks and 5 spare mags.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Euc - ''makes no tactical sense'' - hey, ''tactical'' is a flexible term dude! You have enough there to be well useful.

My truck is generally not that heavily equipped - I, like acparmed, have heavy gauge jump cables, first aid kit, several assorted knives, and for guns usually just a Marlin Papoose (broken down in it's case) and box of ammo under back seat, and sometimes 870 rides along too with it's extended mag filled with a ''cocktail'' of goodies.

Have a great w/e Euc.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
S&W Mod 60,w/ 15 rds. Beretta Storm,w/ about 120 rds. of 230 hp's.(This weapon has been carried since the recient events in NOLA and MS.(I live in the Pensacola area) My Kimber (CCW) w/ 15 rds. carried on my person and another 20 rds. in my truck console. Added reciently to my bedroom is my Carbon 15 w/ a 30rd. mag inserted and 3,30 rd. mags in a mil.mag carrier. This, "kinda" hidden next to the dresser on my side.(WE have NO kids) My Moss 500 is back in safe. Also let me add that my wife and I have undergone "inhanced training" ref. the post Katrina events. We all need to do some serious pondering/planning as to where the latest events will take the U.S. Especially the Gulf Coast.---Good luck to us all.-------

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
usually a 12 ga. extra ammo , 00 buck and slugs. Extra ammo for the .40 and whatever gun, guns I am carrying. For the weekend, I am headed out camping, so the AR and many mags as well as full survival/ camp gear too.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Other than some water and blankets I have to keep my truck "clean" as my job requires entry to local Naval bases.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rfurtkamp said:
Well, discounting the guns I'm not sure if they're in the trunk or not:

FAL with extra bandolier of 8 20 round mags, loaded (180 total)
20 loaded FAL mags or thereabouts in the range box
A couple .22LR semi-autos
2.5-3k rounds of .308
2k of 223
5k+ of 9mm
1k of .45 ACP.
250+ of 44 mag and special
Enough Sig 226 magazines to fill a small gym bag (about 50 now at last count).
Box of miscellaneous other magazines.
12 loaded AK 30s.
1 loaded Beta C mag, AR-15.
20 loaded 30 round AR-15 mags.
At least 2k rounds of 22 LR.

The spare tire, hyraulic jack, and a bunch of targets, hearing protection, and a case of clay pidgeons, along with some tools.

When I go out of town, I bring with a couple other guns as well, but my trunk doubles as ammo storage more than anything else.
See now THAT makes tactical sense!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Here goes, spare tire, tool bag "new" just picked it up from Sears on sale, Penzoil 5w30, floor jack and car wash bucket, a pair of old boots. oh and yeah, spare tire. Soon I will place my Military Parka in there for the winter. I just don't see having an arsenal in your car what if it floats away. I am with P95 tactical no.... :1saufen:

·
Registered
376 Posts
The possibility of your car being broken into is probably greater than the potential need of fighting off a small third-world nation. :) That said - dang that's cool!

·
Registered
749 Posts
UPDATE ON CAR!!!!!

Based on the current price of oil, the most expensive gas I have ever bought!!! I realized today that it is cheaper to fill my tank with milk! Update next week on how that works out.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
To keep everythng in perspective, (bottled) water is STILL more expensive than diesel or gas.

OT portion: if fuel gets much more expensive I'll be looking for a gunsafe I can park my truck in... any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
My, my, I'm feelin' totally insufficient. Most you guys got enough ammo to hole up for months. BTW, what are you going to eat during all that time - you don't have room in your car for food! :biggrin:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Tangle said:
My, my, I'm feelin' totally insufficient. Most you guys got enough ammo to hole up for months. BTW, what are you going to eat during all that time - you don't have room in your car for food! :biggrin:
Sure I do - I drive an old Caprice.

The trunk's still half empty. :0

1 - 15 of 15 Posts