Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a dare i say 'pocket pistol'... my XD-40 SC is just to big and heavy and despite the argument of going 9mm I want to get mini w/ @ .380...
I've ben spending a LOT of money on the range shooting just about every .380 avail and I think I'm close to a decision but wanted one last hurrah, before i settle down :scratchchin:

My only two qualifiers are reliable (dependable) and price (around $600).

Thanks,
B~

·
Registered
414 Posts
Personally, I'm very happy with my LCP in an Uncle George wallet holster. Very convenient for when I can't carry my G27 for whatever reason. Shoots well, reliable and for a small pistol, it feels good in my hand (with a pinkie extension). Limp wristing will cause a 'failed to eject', so be solid with your firing positioning.

Holster Photo Gallery

·
Registered
433 Posts
LCP is great I love mine and pocket carry it on almost a daily basis. Another option could be the LC 380 which is a lottle bigger you could also look at the LC9

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Ruger LCP 380 or LCP380M if you want the laser unless you need a slightly larger one then the new Ruger LC380 or LC380M

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
The LCP is about the perfect pocket pistol, for those who understand the ultimate futility of trying to fit ten gallons of stuff in a five gallon container. BTDT. :redface:

Add the finger extension to the mag, paint the front sight, add the CT laser if you wish, load it up with FMJ FPs and be happy.

Reactions: gottabkiddin

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ruger lcp
Kel-tec p-3at
S&W Bodyguard 380
All for less than $600
And the Smith has a built in laser

If I already didnt have a Bersa thunder
Id get the Smith.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am interested in checking out the new Beretta Pico. The switchable barrel option (though slightly gimmicky) and the real sites on it have my attention. You may not want to be an early adapter though.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Desert Eagle Micro.

Compact
Accurate
Affordable
Reliable
Built like a tank.
Slide is operable with relative ease. (For those who need that option)
Safe......i.e. double action only

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
LCP. For 600 you can get the LCP with crimson trace and then some. Best little pocket pistol IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR cuz robots are cooler than fruit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Another vote here for the Ruger LCP.

I've had 2, and they were both flawless.

The only reason I don't carry one now is because I wanted to move up to 9mm+P/38 Special+P for pocket carry.

For the record, I never felt "under gunned" with either LCP and I absolutely regret selling my second one.

If you decide to go with the LCP, I highly recommend the chrome slide version for pocket carry due to rust resistance.

You can get a new one with a Crimson Trace for much less than $600.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
I'll bet you could find a Sig P238 for just under $600. I don't own any .380's, but if I were going to buy one, that would be my first choice.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Another vote cast for the LCP .380 (original design) or the LC380 (new design in LC9 frame) by Ruger..For price and performance and a pocket carry it would be hard to beat.....

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Kahr CM9
Kimber Solo (have seen a few of the basic ones for just inder $600.

I will never recommend a 380, but these 9's will definitely fit the bill.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
The LCP is about the easiest pistol to pocket carry.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts