Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what's the best buy you've found.
I know a guy that wants to liquidate his deceased fathers safe(he was a gunsmith). I don't think the guy knows the value of them or if he really cares as long as he sells them.
He's getting a list together for me.
I just missed a Browning sweet 16 for $500 that's worth a grand at least, he sold it yesterday. I really don't have the cash to make a lot of purchases right now,but what else holds it's value like firearms and I can't think of any where where you can get a $1 for .50 ......and no I'm not giving out his name and number..sorry.

I need to convince my wife that gun purchase's need to be on the investment side of the budget:hand5:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Guy I knew divorced. He had a Sig P220 Equinox he wanted to offload. Got it for $450 and it had only been fired once at the range (50 rounds).

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
S&W 5906 when there were only 4 factory NIB left in the entire nation, for $400 apiece.

Pristine S&W 3913, for $375, at a pawn shop in St. Louis. I called 22 pawn/gun shops before I found it.

CS45, excellent condition, for $425.

I can keep going...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bought a Marlin 39a in excellent condition, made in 1959, for $125 two years ago, Guy had inherited it from his grandfather and wanted to sell it because he didn't like guns. Was glad to help him out.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Factory refurb G21SF for 429.00

yea it's in my safe

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
I purchased my Walther PPS 9mm for $450 used. It still was like new in the box, down to not having the inside wear points of the slide missing any bluing. I seriously don't think the previous owner fired more than a mag through it.(if that)

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
The deals I probably couldn't pass up always seem to be gone when I get there.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
A guy down the road from me called and needed some money for some kind of debt. Had to have it that evening. Offered to sell me a couple of guns. Went down to check them out and ended up with a;
M1 Garand
Smith & Wesson Mod 29
Marlin Lever in 444 caliber

All for 550 dollars.:image035:

Had the numbers run and no none were stolen. Still have all three.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Colt HBAR 6721 LE/Govt Carbine NIB...865.00 OTD. Smith and Wesson 3913...50-100 rounds fired Brandnew Galco FED Paddle and Matching mag carrier for 389.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Took advantage of a deal from HK for airline and cargo pilots - a USP .40 compact LEM for $545 shipped. (same firearm the gov. issues specially trained and armed pilots (FFDO's) ). Now if I could just scrape together some money and find the right deal on a 1911... :image035:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bought a pair of Smith SW99s on here for I think $200 each. A Smith 410 MINT in box for $225 outside of Gander. I was lucky enough to be standing there when they offered him $150.00 on trade against a Kimber that was $200 over retail already. A sig 226 years ago for $300 from a guy walking around at a gun show. I've been pretty lucky I guess.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Take her to a gun show, watch a dealer buy a gun from someone for $350, then turn around and put it on his table for $550... and sell it within an hour. I've seen that happen many times.

But then, she may expect you to resell it within an hour.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Best deal I got was a Maverick 88 for 100 bucks. My dad though got a Colt Officers ACP 1911 for 400bucks and a Grendal P-12.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The bottom one, a Smith and Wesson Mod. 19-4 "pinned and recessed", in near mint condition for $380.00. Without me even asking, they came down from $400.00 just to make me happier. :danceban:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beast deal I have gotten ever was an original (not re-arsenal) Remington M1903A3 for $300 from a guy who had no idea what he had. If I had made the offer I would have felt bad but that was all he was asking for it.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I got a S&W Mdl. 27-2 "pinned and recessed" about 2 years ago, for $200 from a guy I work with. He didn't like revolvers, it was his dad's, a retired DPS trooper.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I got a S&W Mdl. 27-2 "pinned and recessed" about 2 years ago, for $200 from a guy I work with. He didn't like revolvers, it was his dad's, a retired DPS trooper.

Oh my, where is that drooling icon???

I did get a couple deals lately myself, though not carry guns.
The first a JC Higgins 12 gauge pump shotgun and just the other day a Western Field M550AB, that has never been fired. Both were free!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
One time...

I bought a new Colt Gold Cup Trophy for $650 a few years ago. The seller was a LEO who had inherited a dealer's inventory of new guns, and wanted to sell them quickly. His pricing was odd - some were overpriced and some were greatly underpriced. I don't think he knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've bumped into a couple good deals;

1) Prior to the "Saxony" influx of HK P7s, one of these would cost $800 or more. I found one in a gun shop for $550, which was a killer price, but the real joy came when they brought out the box and it had 4 mags in it! The mags were hard to find then and usually cost around $75. The pistol, a 5/95 dated PSP, was in perfect condition.

2) In the same shop, I bought a "used" blued Sig P232, which appeared untouched, complete with three mags for only $315.

3) I found another Sig P232 SL complete with Nill grips, (which run about $100 by themselves), and also a third mag for only $450. It was perfect...I couldn't believe my eyes.

4) Picked up a Colt HbarII, model 6731, in excellent shape, low round count, for a trade of two pistols that originally cost me $694.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts