Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A pregnant woman heroically came to the rescue of an Alton police officer earlier this week and the incident was captured by a dashboard camera, according to KRGV-TV

Angela Gutierrez -- who is nine months pregnant -- was driving with her husband and child, when she witnesses a group of teens attack the officer.

these are excerpts from the article, Link below,,

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Video--Pregnant-Woman-Aids-Texas-Officer/1$49719

Says she was with her husband,(possible big guy on phone?)
and what about complacent neighbors standing around not wanting trouble with the gang-bangers in the future??

INSANE!!

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt."
Ayn Rand

·
Registered
148 Posts
_I saw this on the news! That was ridiculous. Poor guy will never live that down from the his peers/fellow LEOs. I wonder why the other men in the area didnt do more to help, rather than her being the one to have to get involved. Im concerned about how she is doing regarding her pregnancy tho. The Husband should have done more himself.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Man that's just crazy, why didn't her husband do anything? I applaud this womans courage, glad she didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
It,s a shame that people will stand by and let a gang of thugs beat a leo up or a woman get raped. There are some sorry people in this world. That woman should get a metal for bravery. I don't think much of her husband for not jumping in to protect his wife and the leo.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It,s a shame that people will stand by and let a gang of thugs beat a leo up or a woman get raped. There are some sorry people in this world. That woman should get a metal for bravery. I don't think much of her husband for not jumping in to protect his wife and the leo.
_Well actually calling the police in public view is considered a act of bravery in neighborhoods inhabited by gang members/affiliates. What he did may actually have him on somebody's HIT List. He made the call anyway, because it was the right thing to do. I do agree tho, that he should have did more regarding protection of the LEO & his wife tho. I would have dropped that phone in a heart beat. But then again, that means that help may take longer to arrive right? Getting back up onsite for the officer was important too lets not forget.

·
Registered
687 Posts
_Well actually calling the police in public view is considered a act of bravery in neighborhoods inhabited by gang members/affiliates. What he did may actually have him on somebody's HIT List. He made the call anyway, because it was the right thing to do. I do agree tho, that he should have did more regarding protection of the LEO & his wife tho. I would have dropped that phone in a heart beat. But then again, that means that help may take longer to arrive right? Getting back up onsite for the officer was important too lets not forget.
A friend of mine lived in the hood. He would never let me come over or pick him up or drop him off, unless I wasn't driving my car.

I drove a White Crown Victoria. He said that if anyone saw him getting out of my car it'd get him killed.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Most women 9 month into a pregnancy can't even walk with out waddling.
Kuddos to her for acting instead of standing around and watching.
-1 to her husband for not stepping up in her place and giving her the phone to call 911

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
That happened close to where I live,that lady needs a medal,her hubby needs a dress

·
Registered
669 Posts
That happened close to where I live,that lady needs a medal,her hubby needs a dress
:rofl:Good one!!! They say to never get between momma bear and her cubs. The same applies to humans.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bet this lady gets one heck of a get put of jail free card for tickets.

·
Registered
493 Posts
With the recent killings of officers in WA state, gangs feel they can do anything. I hope citizens are on the lookout whenever a cop is in trouble.

I saw the video and was amazed how none of the neighbors came to help.

This lady deserves a medal. She has more guts than all the guys standing around watching like a bunch of sissies.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Man that is a sad siuation when a Cop can't get help from its citizens...it takes a pregnant women to help.

I am glad that the suspects got caught but I wonder if these guys had an accident and fell down yet....that seems to happen to suspects that attack cops...........its weird:smile:

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Why bash the cop - the woman wasn't getting attacked. It would take a very special kind of jerk to punch her or knock her down.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
If that was one of my kids in that crowd of slobs I would take 2 or 3 weeks vacation, depending on how long it would take for them to heal after I got through with 'em.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I bet this lady gets one heck of a get put of jail free card for tickets.
LOL! Something tells me that people like her usually don't need one though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why bash the cop - the woman wasn't getting attacked. It would take a very special kind of jerk to punch her or knock her down.
There are a lot of special kind of jerks out there that would attack a pregnant woman. She took a chance, but she has guts, I hope she is around if I get in trouble. Think what she might do if she is not pregnant. :congrats:

·
Registered
90 Posts
This happened in the same county I live in. there are some pretty bad with heavy gang activity. As far as neighbors standing around, I'm sure they figure if these guys are willing to jump a cop, they aren't going to hesitate to kick my ass.

Not that it's related, but there are a lot of crooked cops down here. Every other week there is a cop, or border pratrol getting busted for being involved in drug trafficing.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Fear of retaliation is a real factor in many cases. I can't even begin to know what it is like to live in a place like that, surrounded by the lowest of people.

There was something a few weeks ago where a guy shot and killed a trespasser who attacked him. It was justified and he wasn't prosecuted. Shortly thereafter, the dead guys buddies burned down his house.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts