Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 33-round magazine for my Glock 19. To my surprise, the magazine is very much slants to the right as it extends down from the frame. Is this normal? Upon closer inspection, it almost looks like the handle is angled to the right. I never noticed this, but the excessive length of the extended magazine made this apparent. I'll try to get pics up later if this is an anomaly.

Jared

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Take a pic with the mag inserted laying on it's side on a hard flat surface.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
What's up with my Glock magazine?

Fixed your question for you. I never understand why people want a goofy looking 20-30 something round magazine hanging out of the gun. Ya, I get it - you got lots of rounds.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Without a pic I am going to need to see this in person.

Send me your gun and magazine in question and I will diagnose the problem for a few years............. and then you can come pick it up.

See, that was easy......

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nothing... Glocks are perfect, their magazines are too!:blink:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Fixed your question for you.
Not so fast. Maybe the magazine is perfect and the handle is bent. We need pics!

@ pricewood: were you able to fire all 33 rounds? ...And who pissed you off that bad?

·
Registered
5,983 Posts

Fixed your question for you. I never understand why people want a goofy looking 20-30 something round magazine hanging out of the gun. Ya, I get it - you got lots of rounds.
I have several 33 round G18 mags.....'cause you just never know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I swear there is a curve, but I can't get a good pic.You can't see anything when the gun is laid on its side. It can't be canted more than one or two degrees when the mag is pressed leftward against the frame due to some wiggle room between the mag and frame. It's just one of those things that you know is there. Or, maybe my eyes are crooked. My wife saw it too though. It really isn't a big deal. I shoot this gun more accurately than anything else I own. Maybe I'm just paranoid since I just had a new Ruger Vaquero and RIA 1911 fixed for truly canted front sights.

Oh, and I have a 33-round magazine because I can, and because I finally got one from Midway for $35. IMGP0471.jpg IMGP0473.jpg IMGP0475.jpg IMGP0477.jpg IMGP0480.jpg IMGP0481.jpg

On a reference note, this is a 2013 Gen 3 model Glock that is made in the USA. It also has erratic ejections so bad that my wife refused to shoot it (excessive cleavage :) ). I put a 30274 ejector in it. We'll see how it works out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It looks to me like it is leaning in the direction of the side on which the magazine latches (right side as seen from rear). Since the magazine is longer, that "pull" to the right may just seem exaggerated. I wouldn't be concerned as long as everything functions properly.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I see it as well. If you lay the Glock flat on it's right side (starboard) and then left side (port), do you see a difference in the way it lays? Can you see a curve or bend in the handle?

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
But... but... Perfection? :confused:

Yeah, see it in pic 1. My guess would be that the weight of the ammo makes it hang to the right, since the magazine catch is on the right. Nothing i'd lose sleep over.

And "excessive cleavage" is like "excessive firepower." THERE IS NO SUCH *&$%#/!* THING.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Looks fine to me. Everything has manufacturing tolerances. Looks like the magazine may be sitting biased inside the mag well (the mag well has to he a liiiiitle wider than the mag to let it in). I wouldn't worry. Go shoot it. You'll be smiling soon.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
seat the mag empty and see if you still show a list to the right...if not then I agree that the weight of the loaded clip on the mag latch may be enough to cause this.

·
Registered
37,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
I swear there is a curve, but I can't get a good pic.You can't see anything when the gun is laid on its side. It can't be canted more than one or two degrees when the mag is pressed leftward against the frame due to some wiggle room between the mag and frame. It's just one of those things that you know is there. Or, maybe my eyes are crooked. My wife saw it too though. It really isn't a big deal. I shoot this gun more accurately than anything else I own. Maybe I'm just paranoid since I just had a new Ruger Vaquero and RIA 1911 fixed for truly canted front sights.

Oh, and I have a 33-round magazine because I can, and because I finally got one from Midway for $35. View attachment 74519 View attachment 74520 View attachment 74521 View attachment 74522 View attachment 74523 View attachment 74524

On a reference note, this is a 2013 Gen 3 model Glock that is made in the USA. It also has erratic ejections so bad that my wife refused to shoot it (excessive cleavage :) ). I put a 30274 ejector in it. We'll see how it works out.

Exactly.....

I will second the gentleman from Minnesota concerning cleavage and firepower.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts