Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity's sake, just wanting to see what everyone's preferred HD handgun ammo is. Trying to do some research to see if there is possibly somewhat of a consensus, or even a popular opinion. Maybe I can find a different, possibly better, option for my home to protect myself and my wife.

My M&P9 currently has 125 grain Federal Premium hollow point Personal Defense rounds loaded in it.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My Para Big Hawg 1911...14+1 cap. .45acp

But, I always reach for the long gun and keep it pretty close.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
What's your choice for home defense handgun ammo?

Whatever is handy.

If the miscreant ends up just wounded while you're waiting for the professionals to arrive, offer him a good stiff drink or a tolerable glass of wine, or a nice beer. Don't get overly sophisticated though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
00 buck for the 12 gauge, Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr for the 9mm
See, I'm looking into the Hornady Critical Defense rounds. I have a box of 25 of their Critical DUTY rounds, but not the Defense. The CCW class instructor whose class I completed, swears by them, and I trust his opinion implicitly. I seriously doubt that my Federal hollow points will fail, but this is the second recommendation I've heard for this ammo in one day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For my M&P9c I use either Federal 124gr HST standard pressure, or American Gunner 124+p XTP, whichever is available when I go to purchase ammo.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Federal LE13200 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 00 Buckshot for the Remington 870
Federal HST 147gr 9mm for most everything else (wife must be able to shoot any HD handgun which means it's 9mm for that purpose)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered a box of the Hornady Defense rounds. Expensive at nearly a dollar per round but I see it gets good reviews.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Suffice it to say that whatever scumbag(s) decided to invade my home, I'm unleashing HELL and making dogfood out of the lot.

Sent via Tapatalk from somewhere in a distant bunker.

·
Registered
57 Posts
1st option is Mossberg 500 Thunder Ranch with 3" #6
2nd option is 180gr Hornady XTP in my G27
3rd option is some good ole target .223 in the AR

Anybody using special .223 rds or just regular FMJ?

Sent from my SM-G920V

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Anything, Winchester 115g, 9mm,.38,FMJ, I don't worry about it.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts