Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a Sig P239 .357 Sig in a Comp-Tac CTAC, on a Wilderness Instructor's 5-Stitch gun belt.

The CTAC is by far the slimmest holster I've found, and is suprisingly comfortable in the right spot. Best of all, I can conceal it in a t-shirt and shorts. (which is critical in Texas :D)

What about you guys?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
For xd Sc 9 i use a don hum belt holster or iwb rig and also have a belt pouch that hides it well.

For Hk im using a G code paddle holster or the Iwb attachment for same holster looking for a belt pouch for it

use a Bianchi (sp) Belt to haul it all on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Usually a Kimber Pro Carry HD in either a Sparks VM-2 or Sparks NP-1

When I need something a little smaller I go with my Taurus M85 in a VM-2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My carry varies with my clothing and, sometimes, with the environment in which I expect to be. As I type this, I am wearing a SIG 225 in a Galco pancake, with a couple of mags in a Galco pouch. I also find my stainless Government Model to be relaibly comfortable in a single-strap Summer Special. For .45 mags, I use the old one-piece Galco Kydex clip-on mag holders.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Commander in a Hume JIT slide. One extra mag in a safariland mag/clip.

JIT slide holsters are made well and inexpensive.

KelTec P32 front right pocket uncle mikes #3 with some nylon webbing stitched to the bottom.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Today I\'m carrying an .45 HK USPc in a bellyband with one extra mag, and a Colt Cobra in an Uncle Mike\'s ankle holster.

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Sig 226 ST, 9mm,

124 gn Gold Dots,

17 round Mecgar mag,

Fist #19 leather easy-on/easy-off holster,

under a lightweight vest,

SureFire Aviator in left front pocket

Strider/Buck/Tarani Police Utility Knife right pocket.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Several

Today it is a LW Commander in a Fobus, tomorrow, perhaps same in a BladeTech IWB, or a Sparks Summer Special. Sometimes a second gun is carried on the belt also.

Second/third gun is a 642 in a Null pocket holster, sometimes right and sometimes left side.

Being old and retired gives a person lots of time to work on presentations, and lots of time to shoot.:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
As my primary CCW I carry one of 3 .45acp\'s:

SIG P220ST
Para Ordnance Carry 12
Springfield Armory GI WWII Champion

All 3 are carried on the hip in Galco OWB High Ride or a Galco Pancake Holster.

As my backup CCW I carry one of these:

Kel-Tec P11 9mm
Ruger SP101DAO .357mag 5 shot revolver
Taurus 415 .41mag 5 shot revolver

Any one of the three can be carried in my rigjt front pocket in my Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster or in my Action Direct Ankle Rig.

The Kel-Tec is my \"office carry\" choice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I carry a Sig 239 (9mm) in a Galco Skyops holster.

Its suprisingly thin, its great quality (as all Galco products are) and it uses a propriotory \"Y\" clip instead of those J-Clips that can sometimes sag below the belt line and give you away. Or at least you look really weird with a odd looking black thing hanging down from under the belt.

The \"Y\" hook supports the weight of the gun on the belt rather then the fabric of the pants and cannot possibly slide off the belt.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dinner

The small auto dealership that I work for part time had it\'s Christmas dinner tonight.

The dinner was held out of town, so one of the owners and his wife, along with one guest, picked up my wife and self.

The dinner was casual at a rib place. My casual apparel included a P7 in an Alessi IWB, a KelTec P 11 in a Null pocket holster, and a S&W 642 in a Null pocket holster.

Both the owner and the guest that picked us up are active shooters. Not always sure of who is carrying what. With three guns on my person, I knew in case of a situation, there would be three shooters, not just me, because I carried the equipment.

It is necessary to dress around the gun.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
People usually know who to get near when everything hits the fan. We were talking at work one day about what we would do if someone became unwrapped at the office and started shooting. Since three of us carry in our cars at work, we all agreed that we would be the first ones out of the building and the first ones back. I would, however, stop to notify the police officer that stays on the first floor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
P-239 .357Sig Milt Sparks VMII (IWB) No problems with it at all. Except, sometimes you forget you have it on.:cool:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts