Defensive Carry banner

What's your favorite iwb all leather holster?

4K views 39 replies 35 participants last post by  CPT_Rich 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of trying an all leather iwb holster. Any suggestions?

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
+1 for the Milt Sparks VM II, but I also love my Brigade Gunleather M11.

If I had to choose which one I like more... I couldn't. Each has their strengths. I think the overall leather work and hand tooling on the Brigade is superior to the Milt Sparks. You can tell Troy puts a lot of pride and attention to detail into his holsters. On the other hand, the Milt Sparks is slightly smaller (nice for summer months) and can easily be attached and removed while the pants are on without removing the belt. The Brigade's belt loops are very tight to the belt and there is not enough room to manipulate the loop to fasten the directional button over the belt. The belt was made by Brigade with the holster, so it's not an instance of using the incorrect belt for the holster.

That tightness to the belt, however, makes the Brigade stay where you put it all day. It doesn't move an inch. The Milt sparks will move a bit throughout the day, typically toward my back from the 3:00 position. Only a half inch or so, but it's easy to reposition once or twice a day.

Both are excellent in their respective jobs of weapon retention, smooth draw, conceal ability, and all day comfort. The Milt Sparks hides a SIG 1911 RCS under a T shirt like a champ, and the Brigade conceals my HK P2000SK without a problem. I'm a medium build guy, so not a lot of room to hide guns on me.

In the end, I believe that any quality built leather holster will do the trick, look for two leather belt loops, a reasonable can't and a hand tooled leather fit to your gun, and you will be happy. If your holster does not hold the handle close to your body, send it back and find another holster.

Oh, and a reinforced opening to aid in one handed holstering, but I believe this is almost standard in a quality leather holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.