Votes: 89 59.3%
  • Ambling Armadillo

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Sluggish Snail

Votes: 6 4.0%

What's your reaction time?

3K views 32 replies 31 participants last post by  BRTCP88 
#1 ·
We are told to maintain approximately one car length distance from the car ahead of us for every 10mph, or 2 seconds elapsed, in order to allow for our reaction time. However, from the instant we recognize a threat, how long does it take us to begin the physical movements to uncover and draw?

Try this test of your sheepdog skill and vote in the poll, if you dare.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/reaction_version5.swf

#4 · (Edited)
I didn't realize there was a link to a game.
I went back and played the game. Once I figured it out I was a "bobbing bobcat". I did manage to become an "ambling armadillo" once too by letting one sheep almost get off the screen before shooting.
The problem I had trouble with was the "pre-cues" to shooting. I saw and interpreted movement that is consistent with running. Of course the computer gave me a three second penalty for that.
In this game it's a three second penalty and no chance at explaining your actions. That could very much be like a "furtive movement" shooting. At least in real life I would have the opportunity and ability to defend my actions.
Biker

#5 ·
Bobbing bobcat here too. Oh well. It's Sunday......I cut myself a little bit of slack once in a while. At least I didn't forget to go back and vote in the poll.

#10 ·
Rocketing rabbit...average time+ 0.177sec.

#14 ·
Played one time only...Bobbing Bobcat...2.682 avg.

#16 ·
Bobbing Bobcat

Can you see why a distraction or a little alcohol on board would have an effect on response time?

Why do the gals do so well?

#17 ·
Bobcat here too! You guys do know that obama has an idiot on his staff that wants animals to have attorneys, so if this video is seen by the administration, we’re all doomed!
Regards, :frown:

#21 ·
Rocketing Rabbit x 3; Bobcat x 2 Then I screwed the pooch twice by jumping the gun. Got mad and quit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.