Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has this round tested and is there any street results(most important)?
I'm a faithful snubby shooter/carrier, so I want to hear everything(good & bad)!

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
No results (street) experience but that was and still would be my carry load in SP-101 - it is quite a stiff load and while I do prefer std 158's from choice would expect results to be good defensively.

In common with many lighter faster loads it gives a lower POI but I did not worry too much on that score for close ranges.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I chronographed 5 rounds from my 642 some time back. 1100fps+.

It is carried in all of my J frame guns.

·
1951 - 2011
496 Posts
Hello. I think, based on experiences/testing, of other Corbon DPX loads that it will probably be "up there" toward the top of "the list" of good performers in the .38 snub. Frankly, I believe that the non-defunct standard pressure load would have been except for one thing; in some of the snub revolvers I tried it in, there was evidence of the bullet barely precessing around its lateral axis, ie, slight keyholing at 10 yards and out. It never did this in 2 1/2, 3, or 4" guns so I suspect strongly that the velocity was just right on the edge of that required to maintain stability. I've never seen this in print nor heard it from Corbon, but it wouldn't surprise me if the +P wasn't created to completely eliminate that problem and I think that it will. I bought some of the .38 +P, but just flat have not had time to test it.

Best.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What about compared to the Gold dot 135gr?
I still have a few 110 gr +p+ that I carry,but also the 135gr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts