Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remington Golden Sabre's, never shot them but picked some up at a gun show last weak in .45 cal. pretty cheap. Are they a pretty good SD load? Thoughts please.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I carry GS's in both my 40cal and LCP, actually I alternate Hydro-shok and GS's

They are basically Remington's answer to the dreaded Winchester BLACK TALON:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
They are a very good SD round that will not let you down. Carry them with confidence. Make sure whatever you're shooting them through eats them reliably and you should be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
I think that they are a fine round, but I would always discuss it with my firearm, too...:blink:...I'd probably ask an already 'tested firearm' about 50 times...then I'd know for sure.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
I like them especially in my 45acp! I've known law enforcement officers who carried the Golden Sabers as a personal choice. I've been carrying them myself for a long time.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
That is what I carry in my G19. A few of the KHP that I know carry that in thier duty Glocks, it may be what the department issues (not sure). Make sure they work properly in your gun, then carry with them.

Joker1

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have loaded many in 40 cal and have killed many hogs and a couple of deer with them...worked great for that...shoot good too...Robbie

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Remington Golden Sabre's, never shot them but picked some up at a gun show last weak in .45 cal. pretty cheap. Are they a pretty good SD load? Thoughts please.
They are a great round in a 25 qty box (5 more than most). HArd to beat!

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's getting to the point that all the ammo is fairly similar from the top line companies. As is said on here over and over... there is no magic bullet. Get your hands on any of these top end rounds and you'll probably be happy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just to throw a monkey into the wrench

You might want to check out Hornaday's Critical Defense FTX

or Winchesters Supreme Elite PDX1 ammo

Both look extremely promising as far as a PD ammo,

I think if you read the info on Hornadays CD FTX, you'll be more impressed with that than the GS rounds.

I'm going to go buy a couple of boxes of both just to dirty up my guns:rofl:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a box of 50 at a pretty good price from my buddies gun shop, he had several boxes so I thought I would give them a try.
Thanks fo the replies. :wave:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
They are priced right and feed well in my guns. The .40 caliber comes in a 25 count box (whereas other SD rounds come in a 20 count box) and are priced below the offerings of Winchester, Federal and Cor-Bon. Less $$ and more rounds is a formula we need to see more of. :yup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts