Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand why there was a ban on Zimmerman threads. There was no new information coming forth and basiclly it turned into a disaster. The trial is starting soon and there is news that will be coming out frequently. I just read that the jury will be sequestered.

Anyhoo, this is not a Zimmerman thread, but wondering if we can start talking about it again.

I am sure with the appropriate and superb moderation that the excellent staff of DC will provides daily, we can have a rational calm discussion of the issue...

·
Registered
45,168 Posts
HLN will monitor it all day, every day. Let me know when it's finally over. Watching jury selection is about exciting as watching the NFL draft. "The Zimmerman team's got 15 minutes left on the clock. Who's going to be their next pick?" Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Wasn't he a short stop for the Dodgers?

Reactions: miller_man

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Honestly, I don't want to hear anything about Z until his verdict comes through. That's the only part I care about at this point. As long as he has a fair trial, all I need is the verdict.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
It's going to be a very interesting case. The poor jurors are in for a long ride.

Reactions: nicholasv00

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
This is perhaps the best publicized SD case that is relevant to what this entire forum is about that we have ever seen.

My personal feelings are that this is way more important to the issues of SD than topics like OC, CC, or a stupid " Wally World " walk.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is perhaps the best publicized SD case that is relevant to what this entire forum is about that we have ever seen.

My personal feelings are that this is way more important to the issues of SD than topics like OC, CC, or a stupid " Wally World " walk.
Agreed. Unfortunately this is probably the most racially charged publicized case since OJ. When discussed in an open forum someone will either start spouting off racist remarks or someone else will start accusing people that disagree with their point of view as being racist whether their remarks are racist or not. I'd like to believe we are all adults and can have a real discussion about this but alas...there are idiots everywhere.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I agree, too bad it wasn't more clear cut to set good precident for us, but then I guess if it was, it wouldn't be prosecuted and it wouldn't be a story.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

+1000 for that........regardless of what "side" someone is on this case brings out many issues that are relevant
1. escalation/descalation
2. training
3. mindset
4. ability to judge a possible threat
5. different ways of handling a scenario (shoot to stop the threat, retreat, H2H, less than lethal force)
6. what to do after a shooting

·
Registered
294 Posts
One of the First rules of self defense that I learned, never pursue a threat. There you go, case closed and I never mentioned race once!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I understand why there was a ban on Zimmerman threads. There was no new information coming forth and basiclly it turned into a disaster. The trial is starting soon and there is news that will be coming out frequently. I just read that the jury will be sequestered.

Anyhoo, this is not a Zimmerman thread, but wondering if we can start talking about it again.

I am sure with the appropriate and superb moderation that the excellent staff of DC will provides daily, we can have a rational calm discussion of the issue...
We do not speak of the Z word here. For doing so, you must go to detention for 40 days and 40 nights.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
While the exposition of the "facts" of the case will be interesting, the media frenzy is best ignored. I refuse to validate their shenannigans by paying attention. Like a Presidential speech, I will wait for the smoke to clear and the "facts" to be verified or debunked before I read about it.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I think the trial is going to be a great lesson for all of us.
One of the most enlightening aspects will trying to reconcile what we all "know" with what the facts turn out to be.

·
Banned
401 Posts
DC is the only forum that hasnt banned me. I'm pretty sure it's because we cant talk about Zimmerman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.