Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to handgunlaw, Wisconsin does not accept my MO CCW. I wont hold my breath for Illannoying, I can always drive around. I have no desire to travel to most of states I cannot carry in, but I love the state of Wisconsin. Where would I go to see when Wisconsin may or may not accept my CCW in the future?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could pick up an Arizona permit. It's relatively cheap compared to most.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with AOKP ROM on Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Get a Utah or Florida non resident and you're set.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
To answer your question, there is no way of telling when or if WI will ever recognize MO permit. There is actually 2 different categories, 1 is recognition the other is reciprocity. Recognition simply involves WI saying they will recognize a MO carry permit. Reciprocity involves the 2 states signing a written agreement to recognize the other states permit. While I doubt it will get you an answer, you could call the MO AG office and inquire as to whether they are working on an agreement with WI.

Reactions: NC Bullseye

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I guess you could open-carry, maybe? Not in a vehicle, though. Strange laws.

·
Registered
427 Posts
What is the extent, if any, of the background check that MO does before issuing a carry permit?

WI requires comparable checks

Wis. Admin. code s. Jus 17.13, under which DOJ will maintain on this website a list of all states that DOJ has found to conduct background checks comparable to Wisconsin’s. In developing that list, DOJ determined that a background check is comparable to Wisconsin’s only if it includes both a criminal history record search and a NICS search. It is necessary to require inclusion of NICS because that database includes some data related to potential disqualifying conditions that is not included in other national background check databases or in databases operated by individual states.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
To answer your question, there is no way of telling when or if WI will ever recognize MO permit. There is actually 2 different categories, 1 is recognition the other is reciprocity. Recognition simply involves WI saying they will recognize a MO carry permit. Reciprocity involves the 2 states signing a written agreement to recognize the other states permit. While I doubt it will get you an answer, you could call the MO AG office and inquire as to whether they are working on an agreement with WI.
Once again, archer has saved me from typing out a response.

This is the best way to accomplish what you asked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts