Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a rag on the LEO's involved at all, but a demonstration of how many bad things can happen in a very short amount of time once the mob decides it's go time. Calling 911 and being a good witness doesn't always carry the freight. Notice how the attack pack moves along the walls as a group, while the victims are isolated and dealt with as individuals:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warning-graphic-video-violent-prison-182931959.html

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don't know that I could refer to any of those dudes as victims.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Pack of wolves homing in on what they perceive as the the weakest...

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Once I opened up the video link and saw that it was in a prison I couldn't care less.

Reactions: vminghelli2

·
Banned
747 Posts
Just wondering what are the guards armed with in that situation??
Well, they are Correctional Officers. Guards are what you find guarding the gate down at the Pepsi plant.

And what are they armed with? Nothing but their hands and feet, and a small can of pepper spray, and in some places, Tasers. This is why you dont just see officers run into a stab fest, it's too dangerous.

If the prisoners dont settle down and refuse to return to their cells, they will call in an emergency squad that could be armed with batons, shields, and/or shotguns. In extreme cases.

·
Premium Member
36,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Similar incidents can take place anywhere that flashmobs form. The dynamics of victimhood, interventions and the pack mentality are fairly predictable, if one pays attention. As can be seen in the video, lots of bad things happen in even a very short time between the outbreak of mob violence and the arrival of those charged with restoring order.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Got it, thanks. What a bunch of cowards!~~ Most of the punches thrown were when the victim was distracted. Total creeps.

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
Once I opened up the video link and saw that it was in a prison I couldn't care less.
Observing their behavior translates very well to the street, imo.

·
Premium Member
36,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Observing their behavior translates very well to the street, imo.
touche

I hadn't thought of it in that light. It's like watching some wild animal's behavior when stalking their next prey.

At least those animals are in cages.

Reactions: G-man*

·
Registered
136 Posts
Howdy!

I can tell you from personal experience from working as a undercover Narcotics officer for years that even with a trained raid team standing by just seconds away you are still responsible for you on personal safety until help arrives. Now retired personal safety for myself, loved ones and friends near me is still paramount. You are always responsible for you own personal safety, stay alert, and stay vigilal.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts