Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna rest my arm on the back of my gun i dont no why. i carry owb right side between 2 and 3 it like i have my own built in rest spot

:confused:

anybody else do it ? jw

·
Registered
179 Posts
I carry OWB at 3 o'clock. Never thought to use as an arm rest. Doesn't even seem comfortable.

·
Registered
894 Posts
move the gun to the 3-4 o'clock position and put your hands in your pockets :yup::blink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
What ever you do don't put your hands in your pockets while carring a gun bad thing to do. :nono: just my two .02

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pretty much every police officer I know does it for some reason. It appears to be a habit for them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Pretty much every police officer I know does it for some reason. It appears to be a habit for them.
That's what I was gonna say. Most of the cops that come into my store... I work for Starbucks... use their pistol and extra mags as a place to rest the hands.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
i wanna rest my arm on the back of my gun i dont no why. i carry owb right side between 2 and 3 it like i have my own built in rest spot

:confused:

anybody else do it ? jw
No......never done it, never felt the urge. You need to steer clear of this notion as it's evil. Not simply forbidden. Evil......with an 'E'.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
No!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ill rest my hand there like the cops do at home or at a friends house, NEVER HAVE I EVER DONE IT ANY WHERE ELSE. Bad thing to do, some might see it as "threatening"
~Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha... I feel like so much less of a douche after reading this thread! I go for the arm rest all the time. It would be really comfortable if it didn't seem like such a hoky cowboy thing to do.

I'll be standing there talking to some one, go for the arm rest, catch myself and try to play it off as a stretch... follow up by doing the same on the left side to make it more convincing.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Arm rest yes, hand rest no. It's kind of like a passive deterrent against a gun grab.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I very rarely carry owb anymore, but I can't remember that ever being a problem when I carried in a paddleback or pancake holster.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Guilty as well, although not too often. My EDC rides at (appx.) 4:30 posit so resting/placing my arm there isn't much of an option unless I'm sitting or standing in a slightly askewed position.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't want to start a flame war. But could part of the problem be ego?

By resting your hand on your firearm you are announcing to the world ~~~~ I have a firearm and it's ready to go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts