Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're all tired of the diminished ammo supplies at our normal retailers. We all see that many firearm manufacturers are doing what many, but not all of us, consider a good thing and are ceasing sales to LEO's and governmental entities in jurisdictions or states that are intent on restricting the rights of their population. It might be nice if ammo manufacturers did the same thing. Granted, contracts for billions of rounds (or at least a piece of that pie) by DHS and others are very lucrative, but has anyone seen any major ammo manufacturers taking a similar stand as some of the firearm manufacturers? I haven't, but thought I would ask the group.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
My guess is it will never happen. Ammo makers rely too much on government contracts and they would really be hit hard if they were to boycott the Gov't entities.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It will happen when the ammo tax gets so high that you & I buy a lot less & that impacts their bottom line. Then they will get involved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
At some point the government will have more ammo than it can use for years, and ammo suppliers will lose the government as a customer. Ammo manufacturers can make more money selling to the pulbic than to the government because the government is paying a set contract price for the ammo, it would be in the ammo manufacturers best interest to cut off government now before ammo manufacturers are told that they can no longer sell to the public.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
The general consensus that I am hearing is that there are too many guns out there to register and then go confiscate, but an ammo tax will make that a moot issue. An ammo tax would have not much opposition in many ranks of reps that it would likely sail thru. The only thing is that it won't get rid of the deficit. No ammo to shoot, gun won't go bang.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Eventually it will get unconstitutional when they start to tax it out of the hands of the poor. But for now they will be able to get away with what they want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts