Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been longing to purchase another new S&W snubbie, but they have been pretty scarce on the internet since last year. When will things get back to normal???:aargh4:

·
Premium Member
34,327 Posts
The gun stores around here have all been showing increased inventories lately.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I spoke with a police distributor in my area concerning this. He stated that the Remington Factory Rep told him it would be till around August before they could even THINK about producing enough to keep product on the shelves. So, I would suspect around Aug-Sept the shelves MIGHT start to see improvement. (At least we hope so!)

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Most of the lemmings were buying semi autos when I bought the 686+
Yep! That's another reason "Old School is Cool"!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
My local Scheels store has several Smith snubbies in stock. I've been eyin' one too.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I got plenty of guns for now although I would buy a few more if the price were to be to my liking.

What I want is ammo. The makers are building billions each week so where are these bullets going? I am getting the idea that the shortage is due to a perception the makers want so they can charge more. We have about 50 stores in this area that sells ammo. Not one of them can supply me with any .45acp, 9mm, 38spl, .357 or .40cal It has been like this for over three months.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
I paid $42 for WWB 100 round 9mm value pack Saturday. I nearly cried. Used to buy the same at Walmart for $14.99.

My local gun store had ample supply of most popular pistols and revolvers and a huge stock of 9mm....if you want to pay the price.

The store owner said the ammo prices are gradually coming back down to earth.....very gradually.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I can't imagine people stockpiling ammo at the prices it's going for right now.
And yet it seems to be the case.
Crazy times.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ive heard things will get back to normal 6 months to a year. There starting to look up I was able to get a pound of titegroup powder. I havent seen that in a while. keep your fingers crossed folks.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I heard September 13, 2013, at 3:47 PM EST.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As soon as I can get more aluminum blocks lol

it's almost as hard as getting gunpowder for ammunition.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I paid $42 for WWB 100 round 9mm value pack Saturday. I nearly cried. Used to buy the same at Walmart for $14.99. My local gun store had ample supply of most popular pistols and revolvers and a huge stock of 9mm....if you want to pay the price. The store owner said the ammo prices are gradually coming back down to earth.....very gradually.
$14.99 for 100-rounds of 9mm @ WW?? Maybe for 50-rounds but I don't recall 100-rounds for $14.99?

Maybe about $21.37 for 100-rounds of Federal or $31.97 for 100-rounds of Remington. And $13.97 for 50-rounds of Federal.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Makes you wish you had a family member or goooooood friend that worked for one of them and you take advantage of the company store and employee discounts......

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am seeing pretty much everything on the shelves around here - except smith wheel guns :/ And semi auto or other company revolvers are pretty much available. I even asked the owner of my local gunshop - who is more of a revolver guy than semi auto, and he said he wished they would start arriving again soon himself.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Finally started started seeing ARs on the shelves again about six weeks ago at my LGSs. Still not too many pistols, but more and more every time I go in. I picked up an AR for my son (it was supposed to be a Christmas present last year). After I save several thousand more pennies I might pick one up for myself. Still not a lot of ammo, and the prices are still higher than pre-panic, but I expect both availability and prices to come in line before much longer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts