Defensive Carry banner

When you do rotate rounds?

3K views 31 replies 30 participants last post by  TStorm 
Some thing else to consider is magazine spring tension.
I have extra mags for my guns so that I can let the springs "unload" and stay as close to full strength as is possible.

I rotate my mags every two weeks. At that time I inspect the rounds load up the two spare mags and let the mags I was carrying "rest" for the next two weeks. This may seem like overkill, but I have used rifle mags in the past that the springs were worn out in. It made for some interesting shooting at the range. I cannot afford that kind of failure with my CCW gun. Another point of contention is the fact that I do not load my mags to max capacity. I only put 10 rounds in a twelve round magzine. This will also prevent the mag springs from taking a crap with low tension when you need them most.

My carry ammo gets swapped out every six months or so and replaced with fresh ammo. I write the date it was loaded in the mags for carry inside the flap on the box. This will help me have my ducks in a row if I ever have to defend life, liberty or property.

I know this was probably all overkill but...I learned well and practice often. My stuff works first time every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.