Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a french intern in a American company that sells concealed carry handbags for men and women in USA.

We want to export in other countries but it is very difficult to find the right market for this merchandise that we want to sell in shops.

I thought that Brasil can be an appropriate country to export what do you think ? Is there gun dealers or other kind of shop that would want to have this kind of merchandise ?

I'm lost ... :)

Thank you

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm confused. Are you asking what is a good country to export the items to or from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So anyone to help me out here ?

The purpose of this export is not to have people buy guns !

I'm just trying to see if anywhere else than in the USA such product can interest people : self defense handbags

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good country to export To.

For instance I read that Brazil has a law regulation that aloud to have concealed guns but is it really the case ?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Based on a quick google search, I found the following countries with concealed carry permit systems for citizens:

Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Estonia
Georgia
Germany
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Moldova
Serbia

I did not verify any of these; that's what market researchers are for :)

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Based on a quick google search, I found the following countries with concealed carry permit systems for citizens:

Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Estonia
Georgia
Germany
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Moldova
Serbia

I did not verify any of these; that's what internet forums are for :)
Fixed!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Dawg, you are way too kind.
In all honesty, if it would've taken longer then 20 seconds to find that information, I wouldn't have bothered. I'm not even sure if it's accurate.

I like helping out others when I can, but someone who is doing market research should be able to find that info on their own. That's the "research" part of "market research". Any more than what I did will require some actual work.

·
Registered
45,327 Posts
I would assume you can export them anywhere as long as there are no weapons involved. A purse is a purse. Whether there's a market is another question, one for a market researcher.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
So anyone to help me out here ?

The purpose of this export is not to have people buy guns !

I'm just trying to see if anywhere else than in the USA such product can interest people : self defense handbags
How about sharing some information? What's the name of your company? I'd like to check out your product before giving any advice.

Reactions: Taurahe

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
How about sharing some information? What's the name of your company? I'd like to check out your product before giving any advice.
Yea, Ben makes a good point. Do you have a web addy for the products you are selling....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already found this web site and none of these countries is interesting :) Because civilians aare not aloud to carry concealed guns

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Legal conceal carry is not normally allowed in most countries. I doubt there is much market for the line of products the OP is talking about.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I already found this web site and none of these countries is interesting :) Because civilians aare not aloud to carry concealed guns
I think you found your answer then. If there is no market outside the US then there is no market outside the US.

·
Super Moderator
25,074 Posts

Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Estonia
Georgia
Germany
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Moldova
Serbia
This is a good starting point. Clearly the "Market" you seek must allow the concealed carry of firearms, or the illegal carry of concealed carry firearms prevalent. The USA is probably the largest market with legal concealed carry, but go from there. Look at the per capita ownership of pistols by country if you can find that data, plus raw counts.

Anywhere with virtual bans would be avoided, such as the UK, France, Australia and others. Good luck.

Please excuse the incredulity of other respondents, we don't get many marketing requests here.

Good luck.

And: Avoid Africa and the Middle East. They don't need purses to carry their AK's.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think you found your answer then. If there is no market outside the US then there is no market outside the US.
Yep, I think that pretty much narrows down the market :cowboy:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Try California.

In reality, there won't be much of a market for that kind of product outside the US. The good ol' west is the only place large numbers of people are legaly able to protect themselves with firearms anymore. Plenty more people in other countries do carry, it is just illegal, and I doubt they keep it in their purses.

Sorry you aren't getting much help here, but there really is no good answer to your question.

·
Administrator
144,855 Posts
I have already deleted about 40 off topic posts in this thread.

What we have here so far (and until the individual proves otherwise) is a new member requesting information from a firearm related web site about possible countries worldwide that could possibly be interested in a firearm concealed carry purse.

As a new member who has NOT attempted to SPAM the forum I would think that Aminalek would deserve the exact same respect that we give every other member.

I honestly do not think that we can be of much help here but, that is not a license or an excuse to be ignorant.

I agree that chances are good that this person will not end up being a long time participating member but, so far the member has not given anybody any reason to disrespect him.

So........don't.

I am closing the thread because it seems that any possible helpful information that we can provide has already been given.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.