• Opposite side/cross body draw

Votes: 8 2.7%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Quick poll here, basically I'm just curious at what positions people that IWB carry. I just started carrying officially a few days ago when my carry gun and Minotaur MTAC came in. I'm experimenting with different positions and cants to find out what is both most comfortable and easiest to conceal for me.

I wanted to know what other people have found that works for them. The vote is multiple choice, so if your answer is "it depends" just pick whatever variety of positions you might use. If you use multiple positions, what are your common determining factors?

So please chime in to satisfy my curiosity!

·
Registered
862 Posts
i have an MTAC that i carry my G27 in and i love the holster and have played around with different positions and my favorite is either right in the small of my back or about 4 o'clock. The only issue i have is when it's in the small of my back that when i sit it cocks out sometimes if i don't pull my pants up when i sit down.

what gun are you carrying with your MTAC?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an MTAC that i carry my G27 in and i love the holster and have played around with different positions and my favorite is either right in the small of my back or about 4 o'clock. The only issue i have is when it's in the small of my back that when i sit it cocks out sometimes if i don't pull my pants up when i sit down.

what gun are you carrying with your MTAC?
Sig P239. I thought about back carry and that was my concern, since I don't have perfect posture when I sit all the time :blink:.

·
Registered
862 Posts
i'm the same way, i was just at a restaurant in STL and thankfully we were in a booth cause I didn't realize how low my pants where and the grip was sticking out :(

P239 great gun! gotta love the sigs! i want a p226 blackwater really bad!

·
Registered
829 Posts
3 to 4, just depends on which gun and for some 3 is closer to 4 and for some not so much!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
While sitting I prefer 2:30 and walking around 3:30

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
4 Oclock either IW or OW H/D

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I didn't see 3:37 on the list. SOB is not recommended except for Magnum PI. It's likely, during a fast draw, the muzzle will cross a no-no, like part of your own body. Imagine what being slammed up against a wall or flattened on the pavement could to to your "sacreligiac."

·
Super Moderator
17,562 Posts
3 o'clock for me works well sitting, standing or when driving.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
anywhere from 3-4:00 depending on what I'm wearing. gun, holster, what pants, where the belt loops are...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Another South Paw checking in. I carry at around 8:30-9:00.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts