Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this has been touched on yet, but i have been thinking about this scenario in my head for awhile now. I like my father have always carried our wallets in our front right pocket, not just becausw sitting on a wallet for a long time can become uncomfortable but also for fear of someone grabbing in a crowd or something from behind. Especially since ive always worn loose fitting jeans which in return has loose pockets. But i have been thinking about say i carry my ccw at my 4oclock but my wallet is in the front pocket ot would look strange to reach around my back to grab my pistol when you can see it in my front of say i were being held at knife or gunpoint. I was considering carrying in my back pocket so maybe it would look more natural reaching back there if i had to draw. Anyone ever contemplated this scenario or how do carry your wallet? What are some tips for this? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I carry my wallet in my left front pocket and my gun is either at 4clock or in my right front pocket. This is the way that I have always done it.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Originally Posted by Shootnlead
I carry my wallet in my left front pocket and my gun is either at 4clock or in my right front pocket. This is the way that I have always done it.

Yup

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I am a lefty and carried my wallet in my left rear pocket until I started CCW'ing. Now it's in my right rear pocket. It took a few weeks to get used to, but now it's starting to feel natural. As far as being robbed, I saw a technique where the guy "dropped" his wallet so that he could reach for his weapon while the bad guy was distracted trying to pick it up. I guess it's one of many that could be used in a self defense scenario.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Right rear with gun at 4 or 430 in the car wallet in console and gun at 430. Now the wife carry her around her neck under her shirt . She has her CCH, DL and CC. Puts her purses in the trunk of the car

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I carry mine in mine in either my back left pocket, or if I'm wearing cargo shorts, in my lower front pocket. Not sure what difference it makes for self defense purposes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Holster around 2:00, wallet in left rear pocket or under the radio or in cup holder while driving. I don't want to be fishing in my back pocket if I'm ever pulled over.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I carry my wallet in my left shirt pocket and my cell in the right shirt pocket. Often I don't have any other pockets on me, not even a hot pocket.

Sometimes, when I'm wearing a bike jersey, I keep stuff in the jersey pockets (which are high up and over the kidneys), but don't like to put the billfold there since there is no zipper or snap.

I've toyed with the idea of having all that stuff in one little case if I get stopped but I've only been stopped twice in decade so never got around to it.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
I wear 5.11 pants 95% of the time. My wallet is in my right front cargo pocket. My cell phone in my left front cargo pocket. Pistol at 4:00.

·
Registered
VIGILANT CURMUDGEON
302 Posts
☆Reverse order on money & phone for me.☆

I also am fond of 5:11 cargo trousers

Reactions: mr.stuart

·
Registered
423 Posts
If I'm wearing dress slacks, which is often, I keep my wallet in my right back pocket, but with said pocket closed with the button. If I'm wearing jeans, I keep it in one of my front pockets. Usually left, as my right is almost always occupied with both my phone and my Paramilitary 2.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I carry wallet in rt. frt. pocket . cc at 4:30 Lft frt. pocket holds extra mag and clip on knife.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Carry wallet in left front pocket. Phone in right front pocket. Holster at 2 o'clock

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Dash mini wallet in left front pocket. Ruger LCP in pocket holster right behind it. Third spare magazine in left from cargo pocket. Two spare magazines on belt G17 gen 4 in AIWB. Phone in right cargo pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts