Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Couldn't vote for more than one place -- I mostly carry wallet in back left (support side) pocket, but sometimes carry in front left cargo pocket. Either way, it's on the opposite side of my weapon.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I moved my wallet out of the strong side rear pocket. When I carry 3:00, it is possible to reveal the pistol when I reach for the wallet.

Weak side rear now. Front weak side when I will be in likely pickpocket areas.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's entirely possible. I know she does not carry makeup because she never wears any. Maybe some tissue, some lip balm, I don't know. If you find out, I'm curious, too.
I am like your wife, no make up junk. Lip balm, wallet w/IDs, flashlight, knife,bandanna,contact drops, small pen and field notes. Also, the carry gun of the day and spare mags. Just the necessaries!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I don't carry a wallet. Stuff that would normally be carried in a wallet is distributed around various shirt and pants pockets.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Front pocket, strong side. Same with knife. For pocket carry days, the wallet goes in the support side with my phone or elsewhere if I’m wearing a vest or jacket.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Back support side for my wallet. It is pretty small and thin, so I cant feel it when sitting. Also, not worried about reaching back during a LEO interaction. Id just say "sure thing, let me grab it, its back in my left back pocket". Wouldnt be a problem. Keys usually in my right front pocket unless Im carrying a speed strip, then they go in front left with my cell phone. They are pretty minimalist as well.

I dont put anything in cargo pockets because... I dont have cargo pockets. Im 31 and looking for a wife. Id have a better chance picking up a woman wearing a banana suit over pants/shorts with cargo pockets. Nothing but respect for all the older guys who already have locked a lady down and hit the retirement years where everything is always about comfort and utility. Unfortunately, it isnt like that at my age.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I moved to a front pocket wallet some years ago. I found out that rear carry was contributing to back problems d/t "but brick syndrome". Left front. Strong side is a key wallet and knife, or a gun, in which case key wallet and knife move elsewhere.

Front pocket carry is better defence against pick pocketing too.

Slimmy
https://www.bolstr.xyz/products/slimmy-minimal-slim-wallet-m17546

·
Banned
232 Posts
What are these cargo pants everyone talks about? :blink:

I wear carpenter pants (the only kind of pants I own) because I wore carpenter pants for 25 years working as a crane operator/form builder.

I used to put my wallet in my right rear pocket but my hamstring started hurting so I changed it to the left rear about 30 years ago and never went back.

I don't carry money in my wallet, never have. Paper money is loosely folded twice and fingernail clippers are put the support (left) side front pocket, change in the strong side front pocket along with car keys and a folding Kershaw. On the rare occasion I go to a crowded area I move my wallet to the front right pocket. I generally walk with at least one set of four fingers in a pocket with the thumb outside the pocket. Odd, I know.

Phone goes in a Duluth Trading holster clipped on my left front pocket.
This one>
https://www.duluthtrading.com/dw/image/v2/BBNM_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-dtc-master-catalog/default/dw78a21870/images/large/20609_alt_01.jpg?sw=1350&sh=1000&sm=fit

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I was a teen, my father's friend told me that it's too easy to get your wallet stolen from your back pocket. I didn't listen, but a woman I worked with and respected told me many years later that men should not wear their wallet in a back pocket because it can cause back problems. I am ambidextrous and carry both left- and right-handed, so it really depends on how I am dressed and my method of carry that day. For example, if I am carrying right-sided my wallet goes in my left front pocket. If I am carrying left-handed, it's the opposite. I've heard people say they prefer to carry one method only so that they know where there pistol is. The only pistol I carry my Ruger LCP II that way in my right-front pocket, but my other carry guns which I carry more often are large enough that I don't forget where they are (e.g. SIG P229).

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
As I am not paranoid, it gets carried in whichever pocket it will fit-in.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Left front pocket for me. I carried left rear pocket for most of my life until two or three years ago. I was having to see a chiro for a period of time, and he highly suggested getting rid of the rear pocket carry.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts