Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a movie this weekend. My wife picked out the seats before I got into the theater, so I didn’t think much about where we were sitting. During the previews I started thinking about a better position.
Do any of you sit in a particular spot when seeing a movie or am I overanalyzing this??

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
If you're more worried about being shot at the theater versus sitting where your bride prefers to sit, why would you expose yourself by even going to the movies?

Wouldn't you be safer sitting in your house behind your steel doors and barred windows watching it on DVD?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes

very back last row on the side of the exit you can see every thing .and chances are you are the last one seen if a BG comes in shooting.:scruntiny:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I sit in the very middle of the theater, as close to center as I can possibly get. Best seats in the house for viewing.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
aisle seat 3/4 way up on the left side looking up...just comfortable there...close enough to the teens on top to shut them up and far enough from the screen to enjoy the movie...i dont care where you are if someone comes in shooting...theyre probably not going to be aiming carefully at anyone...and all of the bullets are going up...
if i worried about that i wouldnt go to the movies at all...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
In my case at 6ft 3in the answer is leg room, leg room leg room. At the ends of aisles or a location where there are no seats in front of me.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you're more worried about being shot at the theater versus sitting where your bride prefers to sit, why would you expose yourself by even going to the movies?

Wouldn't you be safer sitting in your house behind your steel doors and barred windows watching it on DVD?
This may be a little snarky, but I understand what you're talking about. I generally don't worry too much about tactically thinking about my seat in a theater.

I sit in the very middle of the theater, as close to center as I can possibly get. Best seats in the house for viewing.

Amen to that! Except if you need to go to the bathroom like my wife does during a movie! Then it's a pain...

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Do any of you sit in a particular spot when seeing a movie or am I overanalyzing this??
No special seating for me. There are risks to being in crowded places, not the least of which is catching something from the coughing and sneezing. If I was significantly concerned, I wouldn't go to the movies.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
This may be a little snarky, but I understand what you're talking about.
Snark: just another service I offer.

For Pete's sake, guys, I support our right to keep and bear arms, but I refuse to live my entire life around the most miniscule of probablilities.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not being a fan of crowds, period, I tend to wait until the DVD is released.

·
Super Moderator
24,443 Posts
I wait for DVD's........I do not like crowds, I do not like the squirmy bratty kid tapping on my seat from behind, the gum-popping bopper talking constantly, the smelly adult, the rude, the dense, the dolts.....................the unwashed masses..................

I love my sofa.......my HD bigscreen, and my company...........my wife and three dogs..............

·
Registered
571 Posts
Amen to that! Except if you need to go to the bathroom like my wife does during a movie! Then it's a pain...
I hear you on that one.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
I love my sofa.......my HD bigscreen, and my company...........my wife and three dogs..............
Bingo.
I haven't been to a theater since before I got Married. I don't like crowds, I like my house and if I want to pause the movie and get a PB&J or turn on the Closed Caption I'm good

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I tend to sit on the back row, near the aisle. Not for tactical reasons, but so I can get to the bathroom quicker. Hey, those $10 sodas they sell at the concession stand ain't exactly small!:embarassed:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Front seat of my truck, in the reclined position with my own climate control!!

We only go to the Drive In!!
Dang I wish we still had a drive in around here. The last two closed a decade ago. They were having to much trouble with youths drinking and acting up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
More for convienance then anything else last row end seat get out to go to rest room to get a drink and before anyone else to beat the crowd!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts