Defensive Carry banner

Where do you stage your defense weapon while you're asleep

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread the other day that had me thinking about where some folks keep their defense pistol when they're asleep. Thought this would be an interesting poll to conduct.

Where do you keep your home defense pistol?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i don't have a night stand, so mine is on the floor right next to me. the bed is also on the floor :-D the wife and i haven't gotten around to buying a bed frame yet.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
In a mini gun safe on my night stand with the door of the safe open for ready access to the gun and tactical flash light.

We have grandkids who live nearby and visit regularly, so the safe gets closed up and put back up on my clothes chest first thing upon waking up.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't have a night stand, so mine is on the floor right next to me. the bed is also on the floor :-D the wife and i haven't gotten around to buying a bed frame yet.
:bier: Been there... Slept that way for most of my single life. cheers!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Mine is within my immediate reach on the nightstand next to the surefire 6P; within 3 feet in the closet, door cracked is the Benelli and the AR, both ready to go with Streamlights mounted on both......

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
No kids in my house. I keep my HD pistols far enough from the bed that I would have to get up to access it. It sits on the dresser across the bedroom. I feel that this would give me enough time (hopefully) to wake up, assess my surroundings and then make a clear headed decision first.

I used to keep it on the nightstand until one night my wife said; "Honey, turn of the TV please" and I almost grabbed my gun instead of the remote. :gah:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
No kids in my house. I keep my HD pistols far enough from the bed that I would have to get up to access it. It sits on the dresser across the bedroom. I feel that this would give me enough time (hopefully) to wake up, assess my surroundings and then make a clear headed decision first.

I used to keep it on the nightstand until one night my wife said; "Honey, turn of the TV please" and I almost grabbed my gun instead of the remote. :gah:
I do the same thing, for the same reasons, and because of my kid. I keep my surefire next to the bed.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have this huge king size waterbed... bookcase and all, I've had since the 70's.
I have a Uncle Mikes holster mounted on the wooden side rail on the wall side so it can't be easily seen. Very fast access and an extra mag pouch on the holster. This keeps it off the headboard where I also keep the Tv remote. :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Next to my bed, on the floor, in a DAC push button safe. I also need some time to wake up and come to my senses. After looking at some other posts here, maybe putting in a drawer where I just have to get out of bed might be better.

·
Registered
541 Posts
On the nightstand right beside me when im home,
where im at here,,,, well she's usually in the bed with me.

I can and do wake up at the drop of a hat so to speak, and I have to be ready right then,, so clearing the cobwebs is not an issue with me.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I chose safe in the same room. Not an option for me, with the little ones and all.
My wife made it clear, no safe, no guns.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can and do wake up at the drop of a hat so to speak, and I have to be ready right then,, so clearing the cobwebs is not an issue with me.
Same here. I can be what I feel is wide awake in just a few seconds, depending on the sound that woke me up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went with other. I have my 870 under the bed on my side and my M&P on a bookshelf that is right next to my bed. As to waking up quick I know what you mean, if I wake up normally and am getting ready for work it seems that I'm still asleep for the next hour or so. If I wake up to something strange I'm instantly alert.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I chose safe in the same room. Not an option for me, with the little ones and all.
My wife made it clear, no safe, no guns.
Cant go wrong that way.

No kids at gottabe's house except for the occasional overnight visit from our 4 year old niece, then all the pistols make there way to the safe, minus the one that's on my person always.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have both pistols (XD9SC and Tarus PT111 MillPro) and a flashlight in a GunVault directly under me under the bed. I can roll out of bed and be armed in about 4 seconds. Then, of course, if I have to get up, I must put on my left leg...(left BTK amputee).

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I chose on the nightstand because on the headboard is not an option.
We have no kids in the house so the gun is where I can get it easily, I have done it this way for as long as I can remember. I also have a shottie close by because to me that is the best home defense gun around.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Holstered and wedged between the mattress and box spring next to the shottie.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I keep mine in a Smith & Wesson "Versa Vault" attached to the underside of my nightstand. I once read that having to gain enough mental composure to enter a code before retrieving your pistol when awakened from a deep sleep can save the lives of your loved ones. Makes sense to me.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts