Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for small rifle primers is really getting old. Does anyone know what's causing the shortage?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Same thing that is causing the ammo shortage.

Civil unrest combined with the election coming up.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's going to be a while before you do see them again if this drought is anything like the last one. It took 2+ years after the last drought to get the supply lines working again, maybe longer than that. It took practically forever for me to be able to get Federal Large Rifle Magnum match primers, I guess the hoarders were refilling their stock.

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Looking around for small rifle primers is really getting old. Does anyone know what's causing the shortage?
Right this instant it appears that brownells has them in stock. Hope its what you need and you get there in time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
All primer manufacturers are also ammo manufacturers. Primers are going straight from the charging room to the factory floor.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Good thing I have several thousand rounds. Regardless, I should've stockpiled reloading supplies a year ago.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Well that kind of puts a crimp in everyone's suggestion I take up reloading when I complain of an ammo shortage. While I don't reload, I suspect this primer thing is probably an important. :unsure:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Found some large pistol and rifle primers in a little Mom and Pop gun shop today. Both were 6 cents a pop! She would only let me have 1000 pistol and 500 rifle but had more. Double the price but.....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Who needs primers, I got toilet paper. Go on and bring it.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
You never know where stuff will turn up. Guns came up in conversation in my lawyers office last week. They were stuck with 28 plastic bins from another client's estate. Ammo and reloading stuff. One bin has about 6500 primers.

If you know a lawyer who does estate work give them a call. You might be doing them a big favor!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Every four years there is an ammo shortage. Every time there is leftist insanity, there is an ammo shortage. Every time a Dem is elected president, there is an ammo shortage.
I thought you all learned during Obummer to stock up and stay stocked up.
Too many grasshoppers end not enough ants.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts