Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering the following.....

you forget to bring your gun to which ever it is you are going, some BG has you cornered (no escape) (nothing to hide behind) (pretty much out in the open) and you are a little distance away, but he shoots, and you have just enough time to position your body in a certain way to take a hit, Where would be the best place on your body to take it, say from 30 feet away or more?

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
In the body armor. :image035: :danceban: :banana: :congrats: :haha: :haha:

·
Super Moderator
13,123 Posts
What acparmed said. At thirty feet I'm not so sure you have any choice about where you're gonna take it. It may come down to where the BG shoots and where you are when the bullet lands.

You didn't specify conditions, but from FOF scenario experiences I've had, it is extremely difficult to shoot someone, esp. at thirty feet, that doesn't want to be shot. I had my gun (Simunition) sighted right on a BG that was just standing there yelling don't shoot me. He happened to be about 20 - 30 feet away, I don't remember exactly. I mean I had my sights aligned on him, when suddenly he took off. What happens, believe it or not, is the first motion he makes, makes you have to re-acquire the target. In this case, he was out of sight before I could re-acquire and fire. Everybody had the same experience.

Of course if you can't escape, you can make him miss a lot, but if he's determined and closes the range, he'll likely eventually get you. But then again, he may run out of time or ammo first. That'd be good.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
In the BG. bullets are bad, do not take em. I seriously doubt you will get a chance to pick where the bullet will strike. Unless you are being hit with a really low velocity bullet, most likely it will penetrate deep enough to do serious harm.

·
Registered
529 Posts
rocky said:
I seriously doubt you will get a chance to pick where the bullet will strike.

Ding-Ding-Ding! EXACTLY...

I remember the Sinanju Master ("Chiun") in the movie Remo Williams could dodge bullets...

Maybe we should ask him?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Personaly i am beginning to suspect we need a tinfoil hat smilie to go with the dancing banannas

·
Registered
835 Posts
Where is the best place to take a bullet?
to the range?

If I have any choice in the matter, I'll not be playing the part of target.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
If you stop and consider - actually making a choice re a hit is fantasy land!! You would have to know the BG's sight picture and his moment of firing to even have the remotest clue as to where the shot might impact.

Let us assume he has you covered COM - a rapid diversionary move could probably distract enough to avoid a hit at all, for one shot at least.

Leaving aside the proposed situation - I'd guess about anyone would choose a limb hit rather than COM or worse - purely because of survival odds - simply based on suffering less critical damage.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Take it in the a**. It has the most flesh and no main arteries and hopefully it just grazes you.

Don't stand still and make it easy for him !! Hopefully if you move enough and he wastes all of his ammo without hitting you, then you have a fighting chance and hopefully be even or hopefully you brought a knife to a gun fight.

Remember... Jerky, uneven motion, and not straight lines while running from him or towards him !!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Is it true that you should try to run in a random, zig zag pattern to avoid being hit until you reach cover?

EDIT
Oops! I just read Kansas Shooters post. Answered my question.

·
Registered
529 Posts
kansas_shooter said:
Take it in the a**. It has the most flesh and no main arteries and hopefully it just grazes you.

Ummmmm...Right...The projectile won't penetrate through the pelvic girdle and hit any of these...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
Is it true that you should try to run in a random, zig zag pattern to avoid being hit until you reach cover?
Oh, man! Peter Falk, in the Inlaws, "Zig-zag, Shell! Zig-Zag!", as Alan Arkin runs back to the car to escape properly!:biggrin2:

Unless you are an arms reach away, or 600+ yards looking right at the shooter, you don't dodge "with intent". Best place to "take one"- the last 1/4" of the heel of your off-hand, as you do an effective disarm.:danceban:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Can't you turn sideways really, really fast just as the bullet is going by and then catch it?
Given the proposed situation, every outcome I can think of is just bad. In theory, if one could choose where the bullet would strike, then one could choose that it just miss.
My plan is to never, never ever forget my guns. Either one of them. So, even if my plan fails and I don't have one, I have the other. I do not want to be in the situation described.

·
Administrator
143,598 Posts
Naturally, I think the best place to take a bullet would be anywhere no major organs or Life & Death "critical stuff" is located.

BTW:
The way that some of these Sideways Aiming Bag Guys Spray Bullets Haphazardly & randomly everywhere & cannot hit anything that they are actually aiming at ~ Zig~Zagging and normal avoidance might put you right in their line of fire.

·
Registered
552 Posts
can tell you from personal exp dont take one lol hurts like hell start moving fast and atleast make him work for it that way you dont take it you make em give it to you lol
btw i know for a fact it suks but not right when you get hit the real pain comes later

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.