Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Think me not too foo-foo, please. But one of the best wallets I've ever owned was made by Coach. A black double billfold, made in water buffalo calf skin... Or maybe the regular leather version, I can't recall exactly.

Coach :: Wallets, Card Cases & Money Clips
+1. I carry a Coach Water Buffalo slim card case. My wife and kids got me one as a gift a few years ago and it's still going strong. I'm not one to get caught up with brand names but this thing is very well made. You can find them on eBay for $35-40 shipped NIB. I don't like big wallets and prefer the size of a front pocket type case. It will hold a bunch of cash (when I have it :scruntiny:), my CWP, my DL, a CC, ATM card and in the inside pouch I keep stuff like my motorcycle reg./ins. info and an extra check. That's basically all I need on my person all the time. You could easily squeeze a few more cards in there if needed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here are two tips on helping wallets last longer:

Do not stuff them too full of papers, etc.

If you reverse the wallet every day you will find it doesn't take set shaped like your butt. It really works.

I have a Tumi wallet I purchased for appx $100 over seven years ago, and it still looks almost new. When you pay a little more it costs less in the long run.:bier:

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
bosca, I've had two in the last 25 years. They are slim and durable yet nice. Like Martini 13 says quality costs. I recall seeing a billboard it said: "quality doesn't cost, it pays". Same is true for guns. Second on the Tumi line of product too. I use their luggage; top shelf!

Bosca - Life. Luxury. Leather. - Official Bosca Site

Originally Posted by Matini13 - Here are two tips on helping wallets last longer:

Do not stuff them too full of papers, etc.

If you reverse the wallet every day you will find it doesn't take set shaped like your butt. It really works.

I have a Tumi wallet I purchased for appx $100 over seven years ago, and it still looks almost new. When you pay a little more it costs less in the long run.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
These ain't real cheap but I carry all Porsche Design leather. My current wallet I've been carrying for about 15 years. It won't pass for new but it's still on great shape.

P´3330 wallets - Porsche Design

All kinds of different models come up on Ebay too. A lot of new old stock items are listed. I was going to put in a link on an Ebay search but I can't log in on my end for some reason.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
What's wrong with a butt-shaped wallet? :gah:

I like to think of it as custom-fit. :yup:

My wife asked me last night if it was time for a new wallet, I said I was just getting this one broke in.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I know you said leather but if you're not totally set on it, Maxpedition makes several versions/styles of wallet and they are bombproof.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Skip the wallet, switch to a money clamp.
MoneyClamp - Front Pocket Wallets and Money Clips that Really Work
I switched a couple years ago, and converted my Dad and Bro as well.
I like money clips BUT I am obsessed with keeping receipts and I have about 8 cards and a license that I need on me all the time.

I know you said leather but if you're not totally set on it, Maxpedition makes several versions/styles of wallet and they are bombproof.
I will check those out. I like leather but i am willing to check out anything.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What's wrong with a butt-shaped wallet? :gah:

I like to think of it as custom-fit. :yup:

My wife asked me last night if it was time for a new wallet, I said I was just getting this one broke in.
If the wallet takes a bent set, the credit cards crack:bier:

·
Registered
571 Posts
In June of 2005 I bought a leather wallet at the Guinness brewery for a little under 20 Euros. I've carried it every day since and I've had no quality or durability issues. Go figure!

My fiancee has tried to get me to carry a Coach wallet, since she probably has half a dozen of the Coach purses. If this wallet gives out I'll probably try one out if I can find one reasonably priced. Their leather is very good quality, I'll give them credit on that.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
These ain't real cheap but I carry all Porsche Design leather. My current wallet I've been carrying for about 15 years. It won't pass for new but it's still on great shape.

P´3330 wallets - Porsche Design

All kinds of different models come up on Ebay too. A lot of new old stock items are listed. I was going to put in a link on an Ebay search but I can't log in on my end for some reason.
Here's the link, it works now..............

PORSCHE WALLETS, great deals on Clothing, Shoes Accessories, eBay Motors on eBay!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
1 - 20 of 112 Posts