Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an interesting distraction:

We've discussed training academies/schools here before but where would you go if you and your significant other wanted to combine a defensive firearms class/clases WITH a traditional vacation? Where would you go and why?

One example would be going to somewhere like Front Site, then spending time in Vegas.

Other ideas?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Playboy Mantion & their fitness program ;-)
H/D

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Thunder Ranch

It that picture doesn't explain why, I don't know what would other than the fact that I haven't been to Oregon yet and want to go.

InSights Training Center, we took one of their classes in Harrisburg, Pa and I'd like to take more classes from them, their location in WA is near Seattle and that's another place I've always wanted to visit and now that we have friends living there we can realistically make a trip out of it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If my wife was planning on going on vacation with me, I would not even mention training if I wanted to live to see the vacation!
You're lucky!!!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Thunder Ranch from that angle look even mor eappealing WOW

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Blackwater. But since Mr. Bunny didn't want to come with me, I went on a solo vacation. We now refer to it as "Le Blackwater Spa."

What? They had mud there, and my elbows and knees got exfoliated on the gravel, that makes it spa-like, doesn't it?

I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thunder Ranch

It that picture doesn't explain why, I don't know what would other than the fact that I haven't been to Oregon yet and want to go.

InSights Training Center, we took one of their classes in Harrisburg, Pa and I'd like to take more classes from them, their location in WA is near Seattle and that's another place I've always wanted to visit and now that we have friends living there we can realistically make a trip out of it.
Yeah, that photo does it for me!

If my wife was planning on going on vacation with me, I would not even mention training if I wanted to live to see the vacation!
You're lucky!!!
I AM lucky. My wife enjoys shooting and is always up for learning more. It will be a LONG time before we can afford such a vacation, but it's still fun to dream

Blackwater. But since Mr. Bunny didn't want to come with me, I went on a solo vacation. We now refer to it as "Le Blackwater Spa."

What? They had mud there, and my elbows and knees got exfoliated on the gravel, that makes it spa-like, doesn't it?

I can't wait to go back.
Bunny, if THAT's a spa to you, your husband has no idea what he's missing!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Last Spring Break my wife and older son and myself went to Front Sight and had a wonderful time all the way around. My wife and I drove out a couple of days early to Vegas and stayed at the Silverton Lodge which has a Bass Pro Shop attatched, got it for half price due to the economy around Vegas. We picked up our son at the airport and then went to Pahrump"s Best Western to stay four more nights.
Since my wife only took the two day handgun course and had to be back to schoolteaching, we took her to the airport early Sunday morning to fly back home. My son and I went back to get two more days and him one more so he could get his Utah permit. We then drove straight thru home because he had to be back at work the next day.
We would all do it again since it was a really good time. My son said that the two days were just right for Mom and I agree that four days would have been a bit much.
Gabe Suarez was having a course at Pahrump a couple of days later, but work restraints would not let us go to that as well, though we both really wanted to. Roger Phillips, Pistol Instructor of Suarez International will be our destination if we can get the times to work out, (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My wife and I are going to Front Sight this spring for the four day defensive handgun training. Plan on taking in the Grand Canyon also.

Semper Fi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts