Defensive Carry banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
If it's for HD only and not to be carried take a look at the M&P 15-22 pistol. It's the shortened and braced version of the full size 15-22 that uses the same magazines. 25 rounds of Stingers or the like on tap. The trigger can be upgraded with any AR Mil Spec or most AR Drop Ins. Wifey loves her full size 15-22!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Not to butt in but two of the three outdoor MDC range's are closed. The only one I know and use that's open is Andy Dalton near Ash Grove.$4.00 an hour with RO's manning the ck in and line.19 stalls,skeet range,archery range and class rooms.You can find them on the net.
That hour can easily stretch into several hours if one wants to shoot at multiple ranges and multiple guns. Have to wait until the range shuts down to change or move targets. I've been there once but for some skeet shooting. For pistol, I prefer Sound of Freedom or Bass Pro. Never been to Cherokee yet. May have to join you someday to see what it's like at Andy Dalton.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That hour can easily stretch into several hours if one wants to shoot at multiple ranges and multiple guns. Have to wait until the range shuts down to change or move targets. I've been there once but for some skeet shooting. For pistol, I prefer Sound of Freedom or Bass Pro. Never been to Cherokee yet. May have to join you someday to see what it's like at Andy Dalton.
Let me know. Andy Dalton has a cease fire about every 15 min.Never really ck'd but they call it and people can move targets or leave,etc. They have a website to see a video. Let me know it's a great place. Be advised there are a list of rules that others complain about but you it's needed with the many different training levels that come there.Enjoy your day.By the way it's only $4.00 an hour.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
My first recommendation would be something better than .22. But if that’s what he insists on, my ruger mk3 has been great. Now they’ve upgraded to the 4 though, if not further.

Reactions: j102 and RedSafety

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
22,468 Posts
My only rimfire gun is a NAA 22M MiniMag revolver. Not something I would recommend for home defense. My wife's only rimfire gun is a Ruger Mk III Hunter. She loves shooting it and I hate cleaning it. I understand the Ruger Mk IV is much easier to clean. I don't recommend rimfire for home defense, but it is better than nothing.

Reactions: j102 and RedSafety

·
Registered
551 Posts
Since this is going to be a house gun I'd recommend a double action revolver. If he gets a round with little or no primer he can simply pull the trigger again to a fresh round that will hopefully work. He will not have to try and clear the dud round in a stressful situation, just pull the trigger for the next round.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Taurus TX22. 16+1 capacity. Made in the USA. Definitely a solid effort by Taurus to improve its reputation. Plenty of YouTube reviews on it so it's easy enough to research before buying. We got one (Tactical, with Holosun optic and suppressor-ready) and no regrets at all.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts