Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am right handed & plan on carrying an IWB Glock 19 on my right hip @ 5pm. Which ankle should I use for a back-up Glock 26?? I am thinking to use my right ankle & grab with my weak/left hand, my thinking being if I have to go for my backup gun, then my right (primary) hand & gun are damaged/gone. Your thoughts?? Thanks, Bill.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
It would be what everfeels right to you ankle carry is really a personal preference ting what will work for me sure wont for you on that

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't wear all your goodies on one side, you might tip over. Ha Ha.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Use on which ever ankle feels comfortable for you...but I think it's fastest (and not all that fast at all compared to other concealment methods) to use (if you are right handed) on your weak side.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
If you are right hand then put the gun on your left leg.

frankmako

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Howdy,
A fairly large percentage of people who are involved in actual shootings get shot in their gun hand. I would encourage you to carry a back-up gun so as to make it most accessible for your weak hand.
As far as ankle rigs go, Josh Bulman and Lou Alessi both make a really nice one, BTW.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Curio Bill said:
I am right handed & plan on carrying an IWB Glock 19 on my right hip @ 5pm. Which ankle should I use for a back-up Glock 26?? I am thinking to use my right ankle & grab with my weak/left hand, my thinking being if I have to go for my backup gun, then my right (primary) hand & gun are damaged/gone. Your thoughts?? Thanks, Bill.
EXACTLY!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I can't offer a good suggestion...I believe the G26 would be too uncomfortable strapped to one of my ankles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts