Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to convince my wife to spend some time at the range and file for a CCW. After a long session with all my guns and some rented ones, she really loved a G42, so that's what we got her. Her vision is fairly bad which means she requires very strong lenses and as such has a lot of trouble with conventional sights. We are practicing with Big Dot sights I had installed, and they're better but I still think a laser is the way to go, since she shoots my home defense pistol - a longslide PPQ with a TLR4 pretty well.

I'm just trying to figure out whether to get the LG443G (green laser only)
lg-443g_glock43_ghosted_web.jpg
or the LL803G laser AND light
ll-803g_glock43_ghosted_web.jpg

These aren't available to try out at my local LGS.

Anyone try the laser/light combo?
Any issues with balance or size?

Welcome any other thoughts and ideas?

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
For carry, I'd prefer a separate light. There are many times I need a light, but not with a weapon attached to it.

Weapon-mounted lights are fine for home defense.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
IMHO, you've got yourself a good reason to put a laser on a pocket gun. Yet I can't THINK of a good reason to install both a laser...AND a light on a pocket gun. :blink:

Reactions: Spark456

·
Registered
862 Posts
First off, I think the Crimson Trace LaserGuard is the right one to go with. I love the way it activates when you squize the grip.

I have the Red, but have been told the Green shows better in higher light situations.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMHO, you've got yourself a good reason to put a laser on a pocket gun. Yet I can't THINK of a good reason to install both a laser...AND a light on a pocket gun. :blink:
Wife mostly has the kids with her. I imagine that with 2 children in tow a handheld light would be about as useful as a 3rd leg if the gun ever needs to come out. So any circumstance that would require a light AND a firearm should probably involve a mounted one. She already has a handheld one that she carries if she needs to light something up without covering it with the muzzle.

I am encouraged by the large CR2 battery, but concerned by the utter lack of holster options. The price is a secondary concern. $320 vs $250 isn't really much of a difference anyway for potential life insurance.

Any thoughts about that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts