Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question really, which firearm company(s) in your opinion have the best customer service? Which do not?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
From everything that I have read Kel Tec has the best!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Smith& Wesson and Colt's for me. Sig can be a wait to get on the phone. Used Kimber's service once and had excellent results. I can't say anything positive about Ruger, Charter Arms was a little slow, but very communicative. While working in a gun store I had the misfortune to try and deal with Taurus for a customer. Also their warranty work on a new gun we sent back and still, the gun would not work. The owner got a replacement from the distributor. Glock also has good service, and quick too. S&W is still tops in my opinion. Remington, Bushmaster, and Marlin are top tier for customer service.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've had VERY good service from Ruger... Winchester (RIP) was good also... Sig helped me with parts real well, although I've never had a problem with one of their firearms...

·
Registered
114 Posts
O, and Bushmaster went above and beyond also...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Seecamp fixed my much used and abused 20 year old LWS32 for free. I was surprised, very pleased and impressed. They stand behind their work 100% valid warranty or not.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
My only experience regarding customer service has been with Sig. I communicated my issue via email, and in not time they took care of business. I was very impressed.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
KelTec goes beyond the call of duty...:yup:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Absolutely no doubt, including not only fixing the gun the first time, but taking in consideration the "time " before you have it back ;

# 1 Springfield
# 2 Beretta
# 3/4 Ruger / KelTec
# 5 Rock River
# 6 S&W

Worse : Taurus

Do not have a Glock or Bushmaster, so i don't know on them.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
My experiences with S&W has been good so far. Nothing really exceptional, but nothing negative either.

In fact, I called them twice today and the first representative was rather dry and somewhat disinterested. I had to call back for clarification and this time it was a gal and she was nice, well skilled, and very helpful.

I can't say the same when I called H&K for some spare parts for my P7. BTW: I agree with another poster in that 'Wilson Combat' is very professional and their customer service matches their product.
Regards,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Absolutely no doubt, including not only fixing the gun the first time, but taking in consideration the "time " before you have it back ;

# 1 Springfield
I totally agree with Springfield Armory, they really took care of me, and from what I've read they do it for everyone!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have had very little experience with needing customer service with firearms over the years, but having dealt with needs from KelTec, Marlin and Rossi (Braztec International) in the last year, I would say the KT (have delt with them for at least 5 years) is by far the ultimate. If you have any idea what the problem is, or one of the smiths can diagnose a possible fix through a phone call, they will send you any part you may need (except the fire control group) in the mail within a week. At the most, they may charge your credit card account for a barrel replacement, then credit your account when they receive your old barrel in the mail. I had the same kind of experience a couple of weeks ago with Marlin. I had an extractor problem (turned out to actually be a burr in the chamber and not the extractors), and they had me a pair of extractors in my mailbox within a week-no charge. As for the Rossi....... I called Braztec back in May trying to find a replacement rear sight for my grandson's .22/.410 convertable. Was told that the parts were on "back-order". I've called them several times in the last 6 months and get the same response, from "not very friendly" CS reps. From a phone call to Kimber several years ago, just for some "history" on a used purchase, they found I was using a bent paper clip for a takedown tool, and didn't have a factory manual.....they gave excellent, friendly advice on the phone, and within a week I had a factory manual and a factory new takedown tool (bent piece of wire) in the mail..no charge, and didn't even really request it. A call to S&W several years ago, again just for historcal information (had a WWII British issued M&P revo originally chambered for 38 S&W that had been bored to handle the longer 38 special), and was amazingly transfered to Roy Jinx himself for a very interesting and informative conversation. That was an unexpected treat. Granted, I've not had the need to send a Kimber, Ruger, S&W, Sig, Kahr or others in for repair (Had a couple of KTs go back for excellent service work), but I guess I have called all of them for various questions over the years, and had very good experiences with the freely given advice and information (except Rossi....I think I'll just dig through the parts bin and make a rear sight to fit).

I've been lucky, I guess.

surv

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sig, does not even have a customer service department. They have phone numbers that you can call, argue with some kid, get promised things that will never happen, unless you threaten them with the Better Buisness Bureau.

Then once you get them motivated to do their job, they can't get it right. Just go threw the motions. Wont go into all the details again, it pisses me off to just think about what all went down with these idiots.

Have been told that several distributors are dropping them because of poor quality and horrible "customer service".. I guess $300,000.00 government contracts are more important to "Sig Sucks" than in individual customer.

Again and last time "SIG SUCKS"

And yes I still have a Sig or two, when/if they need service they go to a gun smith, not SIG SUCKS.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Many may not agree nut High-Point has excellent customer service. They will replace any part for any reason, for any owner, ever. If you weapon is melted in a fire, send them the pile of melted goo and they will send you a new weapon. That is the ultimate in service. No questions asked.

·
Administrator
143,832 Posts
Slightly Off Topic

Another option would be to buy a gun from a place like Davidson's Gallery Of Guns

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

DAVIDSON'S GUARANTEEDSM LIFETIME REPLACEMENT At Davidson's, your satisfaction is our commitment. In fact, our commitment is so strong, that we have put together the only GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty available in the firearms industry.

It works like this......

If anything ever goes wrong with any gun you buy with the Davidson's GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty, it will be replaced. If no replacement is available, it will be repaired at no charge to you. Simple, just return it to the GuaranteeDSM retailer where you purchased it, pay for the return shipping and upon receipt Davidson's will ship you * BRAND NEW GUN.

So make sure every firearm you purchase works for you.
Ask for the GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty.

Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions Davidson's Supply Company warrants to you that if any gun sold by Davidson's ever becomes defective, Davidson's will replace the gun at no charge, subject to the following conditions. This warranty applies only if Davidson's Supply Company sold the gun to the retailer from which you purchased it and extends only to the original purchaser from the retailer. In order to be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser must complete the warranty registration online or return the warranty registration card to Davidson's Supply Company, at the address shown below, within 30 days from date of purchase. If no replacement is available, we will repair the original or offer you a similar model (to be determined at our discretion) free of charge. This warranty extends to any and all parts of the gun as originally sold by us, but does not extend to guns altered or rebuilt after their original purchase, or guns used other than for their legal intended purposes. DAVIDSON'S LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPLACING OR REPAIRING THE NONPERFORMING OR DEFECTIVE GOODS (TO BE DETERMINED AT OUR DISCRETION). WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, EITHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. To obtain performance under this warranty, you must return the product to the retailer from which you purchased the product and pay the cost of shipping the product to Davidson's. If the retailer is no longer in business, you may contact another Retailer Near You or us directly at Davidson's Supply Company, 6100 Wilkinson Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301, 928-776-8055. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

* BRAND NEW GUN:
Davidson's will ship your replacement firearm the very next business day for all in stock items. You are only responsible for return shipping costs to us (ie: getting the firearm to Davidson's through your retailer we do not accept shipments directly from end consumers.) Handguns are shipped out for next day delivery while long guns are typically received by your dealer within 3-4 days of shipping. If we do not have a replacement or you elect to get the same repaired firearm back, your firearm will be sent to the factory or an authorized warranty station for repair. If your firearm is repaired, the time frame until we return your firearm will be longer. Your dealer must have a valid FFL with original signature on file for us to ship and a current account with Davidson's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seecamp fixed my much used and abused 20 year old LWS32 for free. I was surprised, very pleased and impressed. They stand behind their work 100% valid warranty or not.
When I was researching .32's for discreet carry, I visited their forum over about a 6 month period. A lot of their members are very competent regarding "fixes". I have seen several times when nobody had the answer, the owner (Larry Seecamp), would chime in with his personal cell number, and tell them "Call me". I too, am impressed with that level of customer service.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts