Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
That's up to you and what you need as far as concealment, weight, holsters, etc.

The LCP is a great little pocket gun as the P230 may be a little big for that. You'll get great shooting comfort and handling out of the P230 that you may lack in the LCP. Better sights on the 230, better sight radius, but it is a bigger, heavier gun.

What are your needs? Which gun meets those needs best?

·
Banned
160 Posts
Which one to carry is entirely up to you. Which one do you shoot best and fulfills your other needs like conceal-ability, comfort..etc ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
+1 on the carry either or carry both.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
276 Posts
You carry what you are most comfortable with. Being able to shoot pin point accurate really doesnt matter since most defensive shootings happen at arms length and happen so fast aim really isnt your first thought. Having a super accurate gun isnt that important. Carry what you feel best with and can shoot decently with.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
As far as which one to carry, why not both?

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
These days I carry at least an LCP in my back pocket, and it's ready to bark at all times. Think about it - a loaded gun, strapped to my butt, that I am usually sitting on. It takes all kinds of abuse. However, it's in a sturdy heavy leather wallet holster and that trigger is safely enshrouded. I feel far safer with it, than without it. It took me time, but I believe if you think it over long enough, you'll come around.

Welcome!

·
Administrator
21,211 Posts
OK, I just axed a lot of this thread.

fknipfer1,

Take some time and read over this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...ussions/72666-do-you-carry-chambered-not.html This has a lot of info regarding pros cons of carrying with one in or without one in the chamber. You will have to forgive the member base for being "testy" on this subject, I've been keeping count this time around and so far this year, this is the 16th time it's come up.

I have removed all the banter regarding condition 1 (chambered) vs. condition 3 (unchambered), the thread referenced above is the place to debate that topic.

I have also moved this thread to "Carry guns" as it's a more fitting location.

Now...

Regarding which on to carry, I would opt for the Sig, I've never like the way the Kel-Tec P3AT shoots and as the LCP is almost an exact copy, I'm betting it shoots the same way. The Sig will be a better performer in my opinion. If it wasn't for the goofy Euro. style mag release, I'd snatch one up in a heart beat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Carry a Sig.232 and occsionally a Kel-tec .380...and sometimes both.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Question from Newbie:

Have a .380 Sig P230 and a Ruger LCP and I don't know which one to carry.

fknipfer1
Umm. Do you mean P238?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I didn't know the question had been asked about 16 times before. I don't know how I could have known. I do now and will step back and not post anymore until I learn a lot more about this forum. The question I ask was a concern to me about whether to chamber or not to chamber. Now I know most of your members here carry their weapons chambered. I'm still not sure I want to do that but will think about it some more.

fknipfer1

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Which to carry?
Turn off all the lights, turn on some soft music, then slowly pick up each firearm and handle it a bit...the one that calls your name in the most inviting way is the one...:rofl:
Only you can decide.:yup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't trust either one of them. I had a 232 for a while and traded it. It was the only Sig I've owned I didn't like. I don't trust .380 ammunition to do the job. Spend a little more money and look at the Kahrs. I'm carrying a Smith model 60 snubby right now loaded with .357 Mag. I trust it to do the job now that I can actually shoot it.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Sig IWB (makes a better EDC) and LCP as pocket BUG. You may want to try a shoulder rig for the sig, and an ankle rig for the Ruger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts