Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
interested in hearing your experience with the customer service dept.of your favorite handgun maker,good,bad or indifferent?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
In my personal experience Springfield Armory has the best customer service. Their service is fast, and solves the problem.
However, I have had also excellent service from Kahr, and Kel Tec. I have no complaints from S&W.

If I had to pick the worst ones it would be Kimber and Taurus. They try, but have not corrected the problems fast and completely.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Best customer service and support? I don't know. I haven't ever had to use customer support for any of my pistols. As far as customer service and post sales support, I think Glock does an excellent job. Free calendars, tech support questions, hand your pistol to a Glock armorer at one of the GSSF's nationwide matches scheduled each year to get it inspected or replace parts, etc. Now how many manufacturers actually get out in the field and sponsor shooting events? Glock....now that's customer support!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a terrible time with S&W about a month ago. It wasn't a repair or anything like that, just placed a small order for parts and couldn't get a straight answer for the life of me.

Email = slow to no response
Phone = Automated system that usually ended up transfering me to voice mail after about 20 minutes or when I did get through to a real person they seemed like they couldn't get off the phone quick enough.

I finally just gave up and called to cancel the order. The guy said he'd check on it after his lunch. Called back later that day and said it shipped.

I dread ever having to deal with them directly again.

Sorry, I know they usually have a good reputation, which is part of the reason I own so many of their products, but that was my experience.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Springfield has outstanding customer service. The only reason I say that is because they are up to date with all the aftermarket parts for their guns. I dont ask the person making the part, I ask Springfield!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I've only had experience with 4. Of those, only 3 required returning the entire gun. Of those 3, I'd honestly have to rate Ruger as the best.
1st. Ruger LCP -- returned on recall (Ruger's dime) and received gun back in 6 days.

2nd. Sig 239 -- Had some machine marks on the slide. Returned on Sig's dime. Quick turnaround (don't remember exactly but in the 10 day range) and they installed rear night sights at no charge for my trouble. I'd rank them first except that they returned my pistol without marking it "Adult Signature Required" and Fed-Ex left my pistol sitting on the front porch.

3rd. USFA -- had a hand spring break. Called them and they sent one out (their dime) and had it in 3 days. Can't really rank them any better than this for just sending a part but they were courteous and fast.

4th. S&W -- Walther PPK returned on recall (their dime). What I would consider extremely poor customer service for a company of S&W's standing. Over 2 1/2 months to get the pistol returned.​
Those are my only experiences.

Hoss

·
Registered
307 Posts
In my personal experience Springfield Armory has the best customer service. Their service is fast, and solves the problem.
However, I have had also excellent service from Kahr, and Kel Tec. I have no complaints from S&W.

If I had to pick the worst ones it would be Kimber and Taurus. They try, but have not corrected the problems fast and completely.

Regards,
Jerry
+1 Springfield

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Ram Rod....Glock gives a free calendar???? How do I score one?
Give them a call, and be nice. Make it sound like you have the love of Glock in your voice. 1-770-432-1202
Not sure they will have any 2009 left since it's coming up on September now. They may have something else to send you though.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
The two best that I have read about or have experience with is:
1. Kel-tec
2. S&W

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I've had good experience with S&W even during their recent facility shut-down for maintenance. Likewise, I've had good results with HK regarding recent support and parts of my 23-year old P7! Now if I could just get Colt to deliver my new Diamondback, I'd be happy (just kidding).
Regards, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Have only used Kimber and S&W. Was a pleasant experience every time.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Glock and Kimber.........:image035:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Kel-Tec is the only company whose customer service I've ever dealt with. Updated my P-3AT to 2nd Gen. Gotta love the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kel-Tec has very good service. Only one I have had to use so far. I was very happy with their service, and it is good for life!

·
Registered
189 Posts
The two best that I have read about or have experience with is:
1. Kel-tec
2. S&W
+1 Same here. I have no complaints.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts