Defensive Carry banner

Which Holster maker should I go with poll?

• El Paso Saddlery

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fist

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • High Noon

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • K&D Holsters

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Kramer

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Alessi

• Mitch Rossen

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Nick Mathews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TT Gunleather

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • DM Bullard

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently only have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock. I have $100 to spend. I want a all leather holster.

I am looking for a high quality holster that doesn't have an extremely long wait (more than 8 weeks).

Also I want a holster for concealed carry all year round. Should I stick with IWB or can I go OWB?

Here are the holstermaker should I choose?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
You skipped Milt Sparks for your price range.

·
Registered
862 Posts
nothing against any of these holster makers they are all masters!

But where is Don Hume in this list...great price/quality/performance...

just saying. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Why isn't Desantis on the list.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oops, voted wrong. I thought TT gunleather was Tucker Gunleather. After vote looked and saw that it was not. the TT holsters do look good, though. My vote would be for Tucker (if he was on the list) -- great workmanship and quality. I also have or have had DM Bullard, FIST, and Don Hume. All are a close second IMO to Tucker. Also have Simply Rugged -- great holster -- lives up to its' name. I have been pleased with all of the above.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I voted for FIST because of the combination of quality, price, variety, turnaround time, and customer service.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Also does anyone know what holster makers mean by "Boned". Is a boned leather holster better than not boned?
Boned holsters match the profile of the gun almost exactly, which adds to retention...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Also does anyone know what holster makers mean by "Boned". Is a boned leather holster better than not boned?
A 'Boned' holster is one that is molded to the specific weapon it is made for. You recognize it by the extreme contour in the leather that matches the weapon contours. I normally prefer a boned holster as they tend to 'hold' the weapon better or 'more securely'. I think they look better also.
I will add though that I have a Milt Sparks IWB that is not boned that is made for the P7M8 and it also accomodates a P7 PSP perfectly(open bottom). So perfectly that it will hold either fully loaded, and upside down. That says a lot for an unboned holster as the P7 is not a light pistol by any standard.

:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I thought about Desantis and Don Hume but if I have the money wouldn't most of the hand made holsters be superior in craftsmanship?
Yes, the custom holsters will be superior in workmanship, typically... That being said, I have several Don Hume holsters that I'm completely satisfied with... If you're not sure about the style of holster you want, why spend the money, til your sure... I can get two Don Hume holsters for $100, if I shop judiciously...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts