Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used a CBST and while I liked it, it seemed to me, to move to much when I moved. I do not know if this is because of the large leather area, the spare tire I carry or what, but I had an LC9 in it. I now use a Milt Sparks VMII for a Colt Commander and love it. It feels like it moves less, which makes me think the lack of material on my large self is the benefit. Im 6'2 270.

I need a tuckable holster though. I got the plastic "tuckable" clips and put them on the Sparks and either I am doing it wrong, or the gun is supposed to ride below my belt line ( part of grip is above it) which is uncomfortable and almost impossible to grip if needed.

So I ask what your preferred hybrid holster would be for my situation? I am looking for this in a suit and tie type wardrobe.

Thanks for the opinions!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I carry my M&P 9c and 45c in a FusionPac iwb holster. It has elastic velcro straps that wraps around your body and rides just below the top of your underwear so no belt is needed and it is very easy to tuck. Take a look at www.tactipac.com and watch the video, it is my everyday holster and very comfy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I have been carrying in a SHTF Gear hybrid for over a week now, and I have to say I really am impressed by the comfort. It is very adjustable, hides well and is smooth to draw from. the fit and finish over all is fantastic. If you forum search for SHTF gear review, you will find the review I wrote about 2 weeks ago detailing yhe holster.

Reactions: TX expat

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both replies thus far. I will look at the fusion. Shtf gear is one I have been looking at and read the review you posted Taurahe. They are high on the list as I haven't heard many if any negatives.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Look at White Hat holsters, they are fantastic. They also make them so you can change the Kydex if you change guns. For a budget minded person, the White Hat Basemax is the best bang for the buck tuckable hybrid out there IMO. Just great hybrid holsters.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Look at White Hat holsters, they are fantastic. They also make them so you can change the Kydex if you change guns. For a budget minded person, the White Hat Basemax is the best bang for the buck tuckable hybrid out there IMO. Just great hybrid holsters.
I agree completley

1,458 Posts
I vote SHTF Gear (yes... I know I am biased).

Its a very comfortable design with less bulk than a number of other hybrids on the market. We do this by selecting the smallest piece of leather that provides proper coverage of the gun (fully separating the slide from they wearers body). Holsters that use a generic piece of leather for the guns regardless of size tend to be larger.

Good luck in your search!
Clay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a SHTF gear Hybrid Ace-2 that I carry my Kahr CM40 in. It's very comfortable and by far the best IWB holster I've used yet, Kevlar stitched and very adjustable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
477 Posts
Check out Oldfaithful holsters. They have a kit for $39 that you basically have to just put a few tnuts into the leather and then some screws. It is just as comfortable as my Supertuck was, if not more comfortable. The kydex and leather appear to be higher quality than my Supertuck was also.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I am very satisfied with my White hat Maxtuck.

I opted for the extra velcro clips (along with the spring steel). With the velcro on my belt and the clips the holster virtually disappears with my shirt tucked and slightly bloused.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts