Defensive Carry banner

Which national gun rights organizations do you support, or are a member of?

• Gun Owners of America (GOA)

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • National Rifle Association (NRA)

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • Second Amendment Foundaton (SAF)

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Other

Votes: 18 41.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked before, but I am interested in seeing where people stand today. I am not interested in turning this into a debate about which gun rights organization is "better," I simply want to see who people support based on the numbers we generate here.

I am a life member of the NRA, but I no longer send them any money. I also have joined GOA and support the Second Amendment Foundation. In the poll, you can select as many organizations as you support. I am only conducting this on national organizations, not state organizations.

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
NRA- Endowment Life
NRA-ILA
NAGR-Frontline Defender
GOA
VCDL
Those dollars only stretch so far.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I only checked GOA. I’m also an NRA life member, but only because it doesn’t cost me anything.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Joined the GOA last year. 5 year membership in the the NRA is still current. Don't know if I will extend it. I live in Texas but joined the VCDL last year because of what the dems are doing there in Virginia.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
It would be interesting to see how many people are members of an organization in their state.

I am in GOA and SAF. I still have the tail end of a three year NRA membership running, but I won't renew. I joined JPFO at one time, but my membership got messed up somehow. This thread will prompt me to reach out to them again.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I know this question has been asked before, but I am interested in seeing where people stand today. I am not interested in turning this into a debate about which gun rights organization is "better," I simply want to see who people support based on the numbers we generate here.

I am a life member of the NRA, but I no longer send them any money. I also have joined GOA and support the Second Amendment Foundation. In the poll, you can select as many organizations as you support. I am only conducting this on national organizations, not state organizations.
Your selections mirror mine, with the addition of also sending some money to CCRKBA (sister organization to SAF)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Joined the GOA last year. 5 year membership in the the NRA is still current. Don't know if I will extend it. I live in Texas but joined the VCDL last year because of what the dems are doing there in Virginia.
Unofficially, since I am just a member and volunteer, I thank you on behalf of the VCDL!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Real trendy for the gun community to spit on the NRA. I may not support 100% of what they do, but they are the communities most powerful asset.

Don't hold out support for organizations like the NRA until they're 100% aligned with your beliefs, or you're be surrendering your water bead toys to the government in no time.

Heck, in the UK you can lose your gun license for advocating for a change in gun laws.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
The issue that I have with gun rights organizations is that they're always asking for donations. Just like the charities and other non-profits. There's only so much money......

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Typically my signature block gives me away on most gun forums.

TFA-LAC stands for our state organization Tennessee Firearms Association - Legislative Action Committee

I'm surprised NAGR wasn't a poll option.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
743 Posts
Real trendy for the gun community to spit on the NRA.
It has nothing to do with following some fad, SunTsu. It has to do with their leadership's money-grubbing performance and the organization's comprised stance on gun control.

I may not support 100% of what they do, but they are the communities most powerful asset.
The other groups outclass the NRA and combined, outperform the NRA. One of them, GOA, has more than half the NRA's members and is rapidly closing the gap.

·
Registered
36,879 Posts
It has nothing to do with following some fad, SunTsu. It has to do with their leadership's money-grubbing performance and the organization's comprised stance on gun control.

The other groups outclass the NRA and combined, outperform the NRA. One of them, GOA, has more than half the NRA's members and is rapidly closing the gap.
Yes, the NRA used to be the bull in the china shop on firearms and 2A. Then it edged toward politics and, well, we can see where it ended up. Just another cow in the pasture.

·
Registered
283 Posts
NRA - I am a life member and, while the current leadership needs to go, they have a loud, and recognized voice.
SAF - No real reason, the life membership was cheap.
NAAGA - While I am white, I feel that we, as gun owners, don't do enough to increase the size of our tent. This is something I can do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts