Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Sig P239 9MM

Votes: 75 38.9%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i currently own 3 pistols that i have in my carry rotation. Some financial things have come up and i need to sell 2 of them. I currently own a Springfield XD45c, S&W 442, and a Sig Sauer P239 9mm.
I need help in deciding on which one to keep. They are all wonderful pistols and have never had a malfunction. The pistol i keep will also serve has my home defense weapon as well, thats why i'm kind of leaning towards keeping the Springfield.
Any help narrowing down what to keep would greatly be appreciated!:wave:
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Keep the 442. If I was down to one it would be my model 38 Bodyguard. I have answered the door with it behind my back, almost had to use it while in my coat pocket, carried it left side when I hurt my right hand, MINIMAL malfunction drills to learn, I could go on rationally and emotionally about the usefulness of a 5 shot concealed hammer S&W snub. I often am asked what is a good carry gun and I believe there are many, yet I have handed people an auto loader with a dummy round in a stove-pipe position and asked them would they be able to get back in the fight at 3:00 a.m. in a dark, wet parking lot while on your back. If you or your spouse are not going to practice these drills, the revolver will be more forgiving.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Three different people are going to suggest three different things.
In your situation, I keep the snubbie...:yup:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Same as everyone else so far, keep the snubbie. BTW the Sig and the XD will bring more money than the 442.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's a really tough call. I'd probably choose the snubby as one of the ones to go for two reasons. First, it's the least expensive so you'll be able to get another one sooner once your financial situation turns around. And second, it isn't the best range gun if you just want to go have fun.

I'd probably vote to keep the Sig.

I hope your luck turns around soon.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If it were me I would keep the 239.

-If I remeber correctly the 239 is a bit slimmer then the XD which I think would make it better for CC.

-9mm ammo is cheaper then .45 so that means more time at the range on a limited budget.

I love my glock 19 but if I could only own one pistol it would be the Sig p239. I will be purchasing one when I have the funds. If someone offered me a straight trade - My glock 19 for their p239 I would probably take it.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
With no other information, I would say keep the one you shoot the best or the one you are most comfortable carrying if you shoot them all well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I voted for the P239, but it is so close that if it were a 640 or a 642 I would have said the snubbie. I am just not a fan of the blued revolver.

If they were my guns however I would likely keep the XD as I personally don't shoot the Sig or Revolver for $#!+ beyond 5 yards.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If it's got to be carry/home defense, I go with the bigger caliber. .45ACP it is!

·
Registered
152 Posts
my two cents, keep the snubby. More carry options, it'll function reliably with just about any ammo you can stuff in it, the autos will bring more cash and simpler function for a non-dedicated shooter in your house (wife or kids). Also harder to disarm you in a gun grab.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The 239 is the best all around for firepower, dependability, concealability.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I love some .45acp but being this is a financial decision atm, I'd say go with the Sig and sell the others.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Keep the one that you use the most.

-Plop

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I'd keep the SIG... :yup:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I say keep the SIG.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Which one do you carry the most?

Any of those will be fine for home defense.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I say sell them all and get a Glock.

But if I have to choose between the 3 you have already I'd say keep the Sig.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
So i currently own 3 pistols that i have in my carry rotation. Some financial things have come up and i need to sell 2 of them. I currently own a Springfield XD45c, S&W 442, and a Sig Sauer P239 9mm.
I need help in deciding on which one to keep. They are all wonderful pistols and have never had a malfunction. The pistol i keep will also serve has my home defense weapon as well, thats why i'm kind of leaning towards keeping the Springfield.
Any help narrowing down what to keep would greatly be appreciated!:wave:
Thanks in advance.
Given that your primary usage is 'carry and home defense" I would opt to keep the Sig.

Biker

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
For me, it's the best overall round and what you'll be using it for. I'd say keep the XD.45, ya can't go wrong with that caliber in all forms of defense scenarios. :hand10:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts