Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching gunbot and when a deal pops up that is within my range, I click and order.

It's happened a few times that I will add an item to the cart, fill out my contact info and credit card #, then click submit, only to have it say "we're sorry, this item is out of stock".

It occurred to me that maybe I should only be doing this with retailers I trust. Unfortunately, not having dealt with many of the shops that pop up, that limits my choices.

So, are there retailers that either gave you horrible service, didn't send your order, or you feel ripped you off in some way?

Who do you think I'd be better off not ordering from?

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
CTD. I swear their dirt must be made of gold or something. Always seems way overpriced(and not just ammo) and never had a good experience with them when I was naive enough to make purchases there. Hence why I don't buy anything from them anymore.
So, are there retailers that either gave you horrible service, didn't send your order, or you feel ripped you off in some way?
^^^ Horrible service and ripped off. Granted that was a couple of years ago, but I learn from my mistakes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Reactions: dbucciar

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
DoubleTap- advertised product as in stock will deliver in 5-8 days, never came ( still hasn't) - took quite a few days to get a response on order status ( waiting on components hence the ammo was never in stock)- again promised would have in a few weeks, still nothing. To me that shows poor integrity, and lousy customer service ( at most)

Positive experiences with Buds, Lucky Gunner, Natchez, Midway USA in the past though everyone's stock is low and prices high.
Very good experiences buying from random people on gunbroker, prices high but if you wade through the listings you can get 9 mm anywhere from $25-30 per 50 rounds, delivered.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Would add to #3 Palmetto State Armory,Ammo-To -Go.
If it says in stock they have it. If not in stock it either says so or the item isn't even listed.

THESE ARE PLACES I WOULD BUY FROM.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I've only been burned by one; Georgia Arms. There was no ammo crises at the time. They charged my card and never delivered.

·
Registered
192 Posts
TargetSports USA. i ordered some supposedly in-stock shotgun ammo in early Feb. never shipped. won't respond to emails, tried to cancel the order and it still shows pending on their website. i called and got a very condescending person in customer service who said the exotic Winchester Super-X 000 buck i ordered is on indefinite backorder. luckily they do not hit the credit card till they ship, so if it ever comes I'll take it. but don't order anything you need within the next year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, the list so far:

DO NOT BUY FROM
Cheaper than Dirt
Double Tap
Georgia Arms
Target Sports USA

GOOD
Buds
Lucky Gunner
Natchez
Midway USA
Palmetto State Armory
Ammo to go
Cabelas
A1 Ammo

·
Registered
430 Posts
I only buy from my local shops....
Almost allways they have better prices and no shipping...

"Back in the day" I got real good deals from "Dirt"....not no mo....:gah:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have been happy with all my orders from sportsmans guide so far and I joined their buyers club.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheaper than dirt is awful.

I had good experience with the following: Aim surplus, Midway, Sportsmanguide, Natchez, ammoman

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I've never had a problem with ammotogo.

We've an online store here (St Nicholas) that has reasonable prices but expensive shipping rates. I live here so only need to pay the expensive gas rates.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had good experience with bulkammo.com
bulkammo.com has more than tripled their prices... they have lost my business.

sgammo on the other hand has kept prices reasonable comparatively speaking. BTW they have Federal HST 124 +p right now and priced cheaper than what bulkammo is selling PMC FMJ 115gr target ammo for.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Add SGammo.com to the good list. Family owned from Stillwater, OK. Good honest folks, charge about $12 for shipping up to a significant weight, ship promptly and pack things very well (usually double boxes with peanuts), have bought from them several times and will do so again.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Todd you are pretty much right on with your list . I really like PSA and Freedom Munitions ...

Mark -

I have had good success from Midway with ammo too

1 - 20 of 45 Posts