Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mroning all I have a question regarding the trijicon RMR I am looking to purchase one to mount on my acog I tried the Trijicon Dual Illumination amber triangle RMR and I am sending it back today. It was by far the worse optic I have ever used. My question is whether or not the green triangle reticle is better or should I just get the LED powered one? Just looking for opinions of anyone with hands on experience. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts
The Leupold DeltaPoint is my preference over Trijicon RMRs. I have and use both.

Reactions: Ianthin and AzQkr

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Nice tavor, I couldn't use an optic that high off the bore axis personally.
And just about everybody is making mounts with rails on top of them now. I think I have a couple Burris mounts that came with two sets of upper rings, one with rails and one without.
Personally I think I'd go with a laser before a high mount, but that's me.

I have a Trijicon on a shotgun with the always on red dot that has performed just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The Leupold DeltaPoint is my preference over Trijicon RMRs. I have and use both.
Yeah, I prefer the DP too. I looked into the dual illumination RMR too, but like the OP found it to be very dim, especially at night. The LED powered RMR's were nice, but I didn't see an advantage to them over the Leupold, especially considering the cost difference.

Reactions: Mike1956

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts
Yeah, I prefer the DP too. I looked into the dual illumination RMR too, but like the OP found it to be very dim, especially at night. The LED powered RMR's were nice, but I didn't see an advantage to them over the Leupold, especially considering the cost difference.
I like what I see through the glass much better with the DeltaPoint, even though the adjustment screws are terrible in comparison to the Trijicon. Bigger aperture, clear glass, no glass distortion whatsoever with the DeltaPoint.
I have talked to one person who was happy with his dual illume. I took a look through his, and want no part of it.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if the RMR is for me this one I ordered was terrible so I'm sending it back at lunch I was thinking of doing the one with the battery but I might have to go to cabelas to compare the Leupold to the Trijicon before I reorder something. I'm a bit of a Trijicon fan boy but if the Leupold is good to go then yeah I will order that one.

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if the RMR is for me this one I ordered was terrible so I'm sending it back at lunch I was thinking of doing the one with the battery but I might have to go to cabelas to compare the Leupold to the Trijicon before I reorder something. I'm a bit of a Trijicon fan boy but if the Leupold is good to go then yeah I will order that one.
When you compare them, pay particular attention to the size of the aperture and the clarity/distortion of the glass.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you compare them, pay particular attention to the size of the aperture and the clarity/distortion of the glass.
I will keep that in mind. Much appreciated Mike

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Dual-illumination RMRs are not well-suited for shooting when in a dark area, while the target is in strong light. An example would be in the shaded part of a shooting range, while the target is in full sun. I knew this, already, from experience with an earlier, pre-RMR Trijicon reflex sight, with an amber triangle. I did recently buy an RM08, with the green triangle, even though I suspected it would share a similar shortcoming, but I planned to use it briefly on a Glock MOS, to test the theory of an optic on a pistol slide, then move it to a rifle, anyway, as a dedicated 45-degree offset low-light/supplemental sight.

I will, sooner or later, buy a battery-operated optic for the pistol, perhaps an RM06, or perhaps a Docter II+ or III. (My chief will not yet let me use an RDS on a duty or carry pistol, on or off the clock, anyway.)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The 45* off set mount a wise way to go and then you have a choice of several dot optics that have battery life of 50,000 +hours at a mid power setting . Aimpoint or primary arms trijicon MRO

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What were the drawbacks of the original RMR that made you dislike it?

(I've never run anything smaller than an Aimpoint Micro, so I'm just asking out of idle curiosity)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
FWIW, the nearly-universal RMR choice for those building "Roland Specials" is the RM06. Of course, that is probably because because "Roland" prefers the RM06, himself, but his high-level military experience certainly validates his choice.

I am not a Roland-worshipper, just using him as a very search-able example. (I do respect and appreciate his military service.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts